Less than 48 hrs away | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Less than 48 hrs away Less than 48 hrs away

Unread 12-26-2001, 02:25 PM
Less than 48 hrs away

Oh my, I am really scared. I just read all the notes to the princesses who are having surgery today, it made me cry. I am really doing a lot of that today. My house is nowhere near clean, I am worried about my children, ages 2 and 4, and my husband. I keep thinking, I should maybe cancel this, they need me. The bottom line is they do need me and I need to do this so I can be there for them. I have have bad endo for 11 years and need to be done with this once and for all. My two year old has just been diagnosed with significant learning disabilities, I have quit my job and am trying to fix the endo so I can focus on my family. I have to, I know it is the best thing, but I am really scared. The pre-op appt. this AM at the hospital did not help, they had me listed as a LATVH with BSO, not a TAH with BSO as my Dr. and I had decided. My Dr. was off today, so I get to wait until tomorrow for that answer, as well as time to arrive, and any prep info. Normally this would not be a big issue but today it feels overwhelming. Maybe a sign from God to postpone? I am considering everything. Thank God for this site and all you awesome princesses who lend much needed support to eachother. Please keep all of us 12-28 princesses in your hearts. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2001, 02:44 PM
Take a deep breath

The waiting is the worse part and that is why you are feeling so overwhelmed. The most important thing is that you are organized with your personal things such as pj and so forth. The house work will wait if you don't get to it all. No one can tell you not to cancel but little mix ups about type of surgery are just that, little mix ups! It is perfectly normal to feel panic as the hour draws near. I am 7 days post op with TAH/BSO that was suppose to be TVH and I am doing very well. I too rationalized a thousand reasons for not going through with my surgery. I am so glad I followed through. I am in control of my life now not my ...'s controlling my life. Remember we are all with you in spirit and will be here any time you need anything. Thank God for Hystersisters, knowledge is marvelous!!
Unread 12-26-2001, 02:51 PM
Less than 48 hrs away

I just want to wish you all the luck in the world. I am coming up on my surgery (Jan 9) and am scared to death too. I don't think these things are signs...they are just normal life mix-ups. Just keep remembering what brought you to the doctor in the first place and know that after...that will be gone. You can take care of your 2 babies without pain as well as your husband.

Good luck and God Bless You.
Blondie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2001, 04:22 PM
Less than 48 hrs away

Blue, I trully understand how you are feeling right now. It wasn't that long ago that I was in your shoes. I don't have small children anymore, but I kept telling my husband I just didn't think I could go through with it. But, I did and I'm glad I did. You are in the very worst part of this whole thing...the waiting...where one hour seems like a whole year. You are so right...you will be a better wife and mom when you are feeling better.

In the meantime, Blue, keep focusing on the fact that you want to give yourself to your beautiful children. They're worth it and so are you!

You will be in my thoughts and ers for your 12-28 surgery as will all the Princesses waiting to be crowned.

Sherry
Unread 12-26-2001, 05:20 PM
Less than 48 hrs away

I know exactly how you feel, I'm having a TAH/BSO on friday morning also, and to say I'm scared silly is an understatement, I've all day long. But thanks to this wonderful website and the WONDERFUL emails I've gotten it has helped a lot. I don't have any children, but I do have a business that I run and keep worrying how am I going to do it and recover. The truth is I have no choice, I need this surgery and I am going to get through it and pamper myself while I'm getting well. You keep your chin up and hang in there, it's going to all work out. You'll see, it will be like everyone says, the waiting is the worse. And if you think about it, isn't it always? I'll be thinking of you!
Unread 12-26-2001, 05:40 PM
Less than 48 hrs away

I have three ages 2, 5, and 7 and did just fine. Hubby of course stayed off from work so he could help me out the first couple of weeks. I stayed in bed and was driving again at 3 weeks post op. Since you are not working you don't really have to worry about going back to work or deal with people trying to get you to come back. It's normal to feel you want to cancel. As far as the wrong stuff on the chart see this post. You're not the first one it's happened to and it's good that you paid attention.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...ight=attention

I'm so glad I followed through with the surgery as I am pain free (ok except for a little pull here and there no big deal) for the first time in years. Looking forward to next summer when I can go on vacation and not have to take pain pills or a suitcase full of feminine supplies.
Unread 12-26-2001, 07:15 PM
pre-hysterectomy

I wanted to cry when I read your post because it sounds so much like me, I have a five year old that is learning disabled, my house is not clean yet either, X-mas toys all over the floor, dirty clothes waiting to be washed, and many questions that i feel stupid to keep caling asking my doctor, also I too have a mean case of endo. and have had two laporoscopys already, two kinds of hormone treatments to no avail. I am scared senseless!!! I'm having a TVH and am told I can return to school in two weeks, I hope that is true. I don't have a husband so I'm depending on family to see about my son and me for recovery!! So it is very important for me to do what I need to do to get better so I can be at my very best for my child. I wanted my son to atleast have one sibling because all the other children in my family are so much older, and I'm only 28. You will be in my prayers tonight and please let me know how it was!! Best wishes, sister.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register