Post op bed rest! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post op bed rest! Post op bed rest!

Unread 05-02-2012, 08:02 AM
Post op bed rest!

I am 37 and had my laporscopic hysterectomy 4-25. I am still in the 2 week bed rest stage. I had severe pain and bleeding periods along with tumors and polyps. We decided against the ablation because of the "it might not work" scenario. THANK GOD we did, once in side the doctor found that my uterus had attached itself to my csection scar on my body cavity. I had 2 csections and the Dr said it looked like I had 6. It took her another hour just to cut through the scar tissue. Anyways I spent three days in the hospital, it took that long to start passing the gas. Then yesterday after a pain of pain and cramping I had my first BM. It felt like I was passing rocks and razor blades. And yes been taking my stool softners everyday. I'm still bleeding enough that I wear a pad. Being as young as I am my friends look at me like a science project. They have no idea the pain and insomnia plus how hard and emotional it is to watch my mom and sister take care of my children. My husband is very supportive but works 12 hours a day. I am an avid soccer mom and here is another week of missing their games and practices. It is soooooo hard and yet I know that things will be so much better in time. But I have no patients. I need someone to talk to that understands! My Mom and sister never had this done. I feel so alone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Re: Post op bed rest!

I hear you on how hard it is to let other people take care of your kids and your house and all the other things you usually do. My 10-year-old doesn't really "get" that I can't do things for him like drive! I am recovering from a second surgery right now due to scarring from endometriosis and this recovery is more involved. You went through a lot, so do try to be patient! People here are wonderfully understanding so feel free to let it out here.
Wishing you well!
Unread 05-02-2012, 09:02 AM
Re: Post op bed rest!

This is such an amazing site and has been a godsend. Here we can vent and share and have that support. I can't imagine not being able to take care of children....hard enough having to have hubby come home for lunch to take out my 85lb german shepherd...but take heart in that it is only temporary. We will be like new women soon!

Rest and take it easy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Post op bed rest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet107 View Post
This is such an amazing site and has been a godsend. Here we can vent and share and have that support. I can't imagine not being able to take care of children....hard enough having to have hubby come home for lunch to take out my 85lb german shepherd...but take heart in that it is only temporary. We will be like new women soon!

Rest and take it easy!
Thank you!!!!!
Unread 05-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Post op bed rest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lattenut View Post
I hear you on how hard it is to let other people take care of your kids and your house and all the other things you usually do. My 10-year-old doesn't really "get" that I can't do things for him like drive! I am recovering from a second surgery right now due to scarring from endometriosis and this recovery is more involved. You went through a lot, so do try to be patient! People here are wonderfully understanding so feel free to let it out here.
Wishing you well!
Thank you! My girls are 13 and 9. They both play soccer so I also have those schedules to deal with. I cried the morning I couldn't do my 9 year olds hair. Getting stronger but it takes all my will power NOT to do things!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register