TVH 1 week post hysterectomy: Feeling so good, I'm worried!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 week post hysterectomy: Feeling so good, I'm worried!! 1 week post hysterectomy: Feeling so good, I'm worried!!

Unread 08-06-2015, 08:11 PM
1 week post hysterectomy: Feeling so good, I'm worried!!

Hello Ladies!!

I had a TVH on July 30, 2015. Exactly a week ago today. I had an enlarged uterus, heavy bleeding during my periods, and fibroids. My uterus was also prolapsing. I was told my surgery would last only about 90 minutes. But, I ended up being in surgery for almost 3 hours because of the size of my uterus. And the fact that I had a fibroid on the back of my uterus. Anyway, after surgery and recovery room, I was taken to my hospital room. I realized then that I had a catheter. I wanted it out!!! Doc said that's fine...but if you don't pee within 4 hours, we gotta put it back in. So, after about 30 minutes, I got up and peed... REPEATEDLY!!! I had a morphine pump, that was useless. Didn't really need it. Wasn't in much pain at all. Came home the next day. Rested a lot. Was sent home with Percocet. Took one Saturday morning. That's the last one I needed. I have felt perfectly fine. Had some gas. That's been gone. Haven't had trouble with peeing or bowels. I do have light cramping every now and then. My bleeding stopped completely 3 days after surgery. I'm already driving... My kids started school. So, I really didn't have a choice. But hasn't caused pain. I've been up doing laundry, dishes, watering my flowers. Nothing too strenuous. The biggest problem I seem to have is getting tired faster than usual. But I can't complain over all. Got to keep both ovaries!!! So that's awesome!!👍 Anyway, I know I've been long winded... Just wanna know if anyone else has had this easy of a time?? It's worrying me that I feel this good. No issues yet... Hoping I don't have any!!

I wish everybody's recovery was this easy!❤❤
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2015, 08:21 PM
Re: Feeling so good, I'm worried!!

sounds like you're doing great! I had a very similar experience and my recovery was smooth until the end, wishing you the same!
Unread 08-06-2015, 08:26 PM

Thank you so much!!😘
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2015, 08:27 PM

I'm almost 10 weeks out, and I keep wanting to pinch myself. It's been such a peaceful recovery.

At my 6-week checkup, I told my doctor he should write textbooks on how to do this surgery, and he laughed and said "I do actually".

I haven't had a single moment of pain, bleeding, intestinal gas, etc. And I got to keep my ovaries and cervix. I was just telling my parents that it feels like I never even had surgery....so normal (minus all the pain & bleeding I was having!).
Unread 08-06-2015, 09:07 PM

That's exactly how I feel! I don't even feel like I've had surgery. And it's making me a lil nervous. I heard so many horror stories before my surgery, I almost didn't even have it! Other than very light cramping every now and then, and getting tired a lil quicker than normal... I don't feel any different.😊
Unread 08-06-2015, 09:11 PM

I had almost the same problems as you before surgery ... One of my fibroids attached to an ovary though... So I only kept one.

The most pain I've had through all of this was just prior to going under when they decided my potassium was too low and pumped two bags in through my IV. That stuff feels like liquid fire going in your arm for two hours!

I'm now 9 days out and haven't had much pain at all, other than gas the first day, and then when I swallowed coffee wrong one day and had a coughing fit ( that was unpleasant ) ... And when I've sneezed or coughed unexpectedly. I've been careful not to pick anything heavy up because I'm paranoid about getting a hernia though.... And also haven't driven ( no kids and I work from home so haven't needed to ).

The one thing that went wrong yesterday was that my incision started draining .... At 5am... A lot .. And scared the heck out of me and my sister ( who came to help me after surgery ) and gf and we ended up going to ER because we weren't sure what was going on. Other than that .. The main things I'm finding annoying are that my lower stomach is so swollen still .. And also that I'm a stomach sleeper ... So sleeping on my back is really aggravating! Even though I'm only getting a few hours of sleep though ... And my iron is insanely low ... I haven't really been tired ... Which is surprising.
Unread 08-07-2015, 05:31 AM
Re: 1 week post hysterectomy: Feeling so good, I'm worried!!

I too was completely surprised by how good I felt just a few days after surgery. I was up and doing things by the first week and never looked back. I think getting up and walking around early on was a huge help. I followed my doctor's instructions of no lifting religiously and I allowed myself to be as lazy as I needed to be. I was given the all clear at my 6 week check up last week and I'm out living life again.
Unread 08-07-2015, 05:56 AM

Thanks Ladies!! I'm glad to know there are a few of us who have had it fairly easy. Wishing the rest of you a pleasant and speedy recovery!😘😘😘❤❤❤

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register