Moodiness?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-18-2008, 10:27 AM
Moodiness??

I have some concerns about my mood swings. I asked my Dr. about what to expect after surgery. He claimed nothing would change because they only took my uterus. I would only have no pd. to worry about. Well, let me tell you. I still am having issues. I am soo moody. One day I want to just about kill everyone in my line of view and then I am just lovey dovey. Yesterday it went from b*tchy to super loving about 3 times. I am on Lexapro. Have been on that for about 2 years now. However, my moods were normally manageable. Hubby is taking to hiding out when he gets off work. Will these moods go away after a while or is this something that my dr. failed to tell me like the other things. Such as more than a week of recovery time, how much to lift and when I could return to work. Yep, thank goodness I did some research however, LSH is not a very widespread researched topic yet. Doc did tell me a week after surgery that I was not to do laundry, vacuum, etc. yet. I would have to wait a couple more weeks. Thank goodness I have family to help out. Right now I am ready to snap and just go postal. Can't due to me working right now but still.

Thanks for this site. I have a feeling that I will be here often.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2008, 11:23 AM
Moodiness??

Hi Shele
If you do much reading on the boards here you'll find you are not alone in your mood swings and emotional struggles. The ovaries commonly go into shock when the blood supply from the uterus is gone. I had mood swings and also had hot flashes from the fluctuation in hormones.

This usually clears up in a few weeks. Everyone's body is different, so I can't tell you for sure how yours will do. I think it helps a lot to understand what's happening and to do your best to back away from emotional encounters with family and friends. This should pass, I hope it will be a quick transition for you. Keep us posted on how you do.
's, Rita
PS~ Good to see you here. I was born and raised in North Platte
Unread 04-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Moodiness??

All that is posted above is right on.........but one other thing I thought of is this. Is it possible your pain meds aren't reacting well with your Lexapro? Maybe something to consider?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Moodiness??

Still moody but getting better. Am seeing my general pract. doc on Friday and going to ask for different anti depressants and a sleeping med. Just to see if that will help. We all know lack of sleep will not help anyones mood at all. My poor daycare kids were not happy with me today. I was very moody and had to keep counting to 10 so I wouldn't yell at them when it wasn't necessary. Everyone in the house is hiding from me due to me just not knowing how to react. I wonder if the hormone change also affected how the Lexapro is working. We will see.
Unread 04-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Moodiness??

I find my moodiness is very directly related to the frustration I feel about the length of the recovery process. I am a very active person and am angry that I cannot hike, bike, go to aerobics, etc. I have to keep telling myself that I only get one chance to heal correctly and I am following all the rules but it is so frustrating and then I get cranky. I also try to remind myself that after this recovery time, I will have my life back and not have ten days of every month ruled by those horrible periods.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register