2 days post hysterectomy: Completely lacking support - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 days post hysterectomy: Completely lacking support 2 days post hysterectomy: Completely lacking support

Unread 09-28-2015, 01:43 AM
Re: 2 days post hysterectomy: Completely lacking support

Today is my 11th day. I had everything out including my 2 ovaries and Fallopian tube. I can drive for couple of miles but I've noticed pain in my incision. They are healing fine. I told my kids that I'm challenged to do housework so they been carrying my laundry and any heavy stuff. I do noticed I'm tired faster. We are healing from inside do not forget. If we keep working and not giving ourselves time to heal we will have a set back, nobody wants to go back to the hospital. I am guilty of this. I can't just sit and relax. But I been trying my best to not do anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2015, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsmith80 View Post
I may have to add team work to my resume post recovery SurprisedinNB lol... And Shadysus: I was hoping the socks around the house was a phase the girls would eventually outgrow and maybe some day I would only have to clean the floor once a day again! I know we moms have such high hopes and unrealistic dreams 🙈 I'm hoping around week's end desperation will set in and they'll be forced to at least pick them up to wash them 😁
HAHAHAHA At least you still have your humour!

But seriously. Dreams are wonderful.
(sorry, I feel a tad bratty tonight/morning hehe)
Unread 09-28-2015, 03:19 AM
2 days post hysterectomy: Completely lacking support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaheinz57 View Post
Today is my 11th day. I had everything out including my 2 ovaries and Fallopian tube. I can drive for couple of miles but I've noticed pain in my incision. They are healing fine. I told my kids that I'm challenged to do housework so they been carrying my laundry and any heavy stuff. I do noticed I'm tired faster. We are healing from inside do not forget. If we keep working and not giving ourselves time to heal we will have a set back, nobody wants to go back to the hospital. I am guilty of this. I can't just sit and relax. But I been trying my best to not do anything.
I completely understand, it's hard to sit and relax so our bodies can heal properly! I honestly think it's the hardest part of recovery so far, learning to let others do all the things we always do! I hope you've been able to relax because like you said none of us want a repeat visit to the OR!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2015, 06:59 AM

I am so fortunate that ladies from my church brought meals for the first 3 days. I couldn't imagine trying to do what you're doing. Sitting kills me!

I ha r a 10 year old boy who has Aspergers (Autism Spectrum Disorder). He doesn't understand I'm hurting, and can be pretty rude sometimes because he doesn't understand what's going on. I just had him grab my iPad, and we watched a movie in my bed. Well, he watched and I slept. I would order pizza every night and have it delivered if I was in your shoes. Take care of yourself. I wish I could help.
Unread 09-28-2015, 07:00 AM

Quote:
...maybe some day I would only have to clean the floor once a day again!...
This day will come! It will come when the last of your daughters moves out.
Unread 09-28-2015, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Hi ladies,

I finally got in for surgery after being postponed twice due to OR overbooking! So I'm on recovery day 2 and feeling pretty crummy. My husband has been working nonstop and it has left me with the three kids and all the housework. My 13 year old is trying to help with her sisters as much as possible but she has a very hectic schedule between air cadets and high school so I can't expect her to drop everything and help out all the time. My husbands mother refuses to help out and my youngest daughter doesn't seem to understand that I'm in a lot of pain and not in the mood to have someone constantly hanging off my side and talking my ear off. Today I had to drive my teen to cadets and it was a 5 hour round trip! I'm definitely feeling overwhelmed and hurting. Have any of you found yourselves dealing with not being able to just shut down and rest like you want? And if so, did you find any shortcuts that helped out? I can use all the tips out there ladies! :Moody: I'm ready to cry and throw things if I don't get a break soon! I know realistically that my husband has to work and his shifts are 12-18 hours and my kids are all old enough they can do the worst of the fending for themselves (13, 10 & 8) but the whole having to drive them to school, sports and lessons is going to be a challenge.
OMG you poor thing!!

Get in your chair and let them come to you. You shouldn't be lifting or most probably driving at this stage, please take it easy otherwise you will suffer the consequences. ie, pulling stitches or undoing work surgeon has done!
Good luck,
Linda
Unread 09-29-2015, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevillesLostPet View Post
I am so fortunate that ladies from my church brought meals for the first 3 days. I couldn't imagine trying to do what you're doing. Sitting kills me!

I ha r a 10 year old boy who has Aspergers (Autism Spectrum Disorder). He doesn't understand I'm hurting, and can be pretty rude sometimes because he doesn't understand what's going on. I just had him grab my iPad, and we watched a movie in my bed. Well, he watched and I slept. I would order pizza every night and have it delivered if I was in your shoes. Take care of yourself. I wish I could help.
Great idea to get him to lay and watch a movie with you! I coach all star cheerleading and have a young cheerleader with Aspergers so I can appreciate how difficult it must be to keep him busy while you recoup! I'm definitely heeding advice and resting up! One day of over doing it was enough pain to make me realize I don't want to ruin anything!
Unread 09-29-2015, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurprisedInNB View Post
This day will come! It will come when the last of your daughters moves out.
Lol my middle daughter has told me that day is never coming.... Ever since she was five she has had a life plan to graduate high school with honours, go to university and get her PhD in lepidoptery and then move home and study butterflies in my basement 😂😳😱😫... If her plan fails I'm kid free in 8 years but she is pretty determined 😜
Unread 09-29-2015, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnurse1956 View Post
OMG you poor thing!!

Get in your chair and let them come to you. You shouldn't be lifting or most probably driving at this stage, please take it easy otherwise you will suffer the consequences. ie, pulling stitches or undoing work surgeon has done!
Good luck,
Linda
Thanks Linda
I'm definitely trying to do nothing! That one day was enough to encourage me to take it easy! I don't want to have a repeat of the agony that followed or worse yet, make more work for the surgeon!
Unread 09-29-2015, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Lol my middle daughter has told me that day is never coming.... Ever since she was five she has had a life plan to graduate high school with honours, go to university and get her PhD in lepidoptery and then move home and study butterflies in my basement 😂😳😱😫... If her plan fails I'm kid free in 8 years but she is pretty determined 😜
My Mom pre-empted that with an 18-and-out rule. She had five kids and she didn't want *any* of us coming back. At one point my brother called from university to say that he was dropping out and could he move back in?

Mom said, for how long and what are your plans?

Bro: I don't know and I don't have any.

Mom: In that case, NO.

Bro moved in with a couple of frat brothers who'd recently graduated and gotten jobs and an apartment in a large city. He slept on their couch, got a series of low-paying jobs and eventually went back to university.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register