Generally difficult time with physical and emotional healing- day 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Generally difficult time with physical and emotional healing- day 11 Generally difficult time with physical and emotional healing- day 11

Unread 07-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Generally difficult time with physical and emotional healing- day 11

Hi,

I had my TLH on July 1st after about 8 years of actively trying to control my endometriosis and optimize fertility. After 5 surgeries and countless procedures, I finally came to the conclusion that my quality of life had progressed way too far downhill to do anything but go forward with the TLH.

Being only 39 (I was 38 when diagnosed with Premature Ovarian Failure), I hadn't had a chance to have a child of my own, and that has made this a desperately sad situation.

However...I have not been able to work, finish higher schooling, socialize, have relationships... without this constant knowledge that, at some point soon, the uncontrollable pain and bleeding would take me out of the game for a couple of days or a couple of weeks.

So, here I am. Even though I have a lot of friends and a wonderful family and support network, I'm definitely not one to ask for help (I've always been MUCH more comfortable the other way around). I'm not sure how to ask...

Thank you very much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Re: Generally difficult time with physical and emotional healing- day 11

I had started back to school and had to take a medical leave to have DVH. I started back to school on Monday at almost 4 weeks. I am still having issues with the surgery physicaly and a lot of mental issues with this. I am a tough cookie but this cookie is crumbling into mush right now. I see the Dr tommorrow so hope he helps, because I can not take anouther leave from school yet, and I only have 3 classes left till I have my AS in psychology. Very frustrated at this point and mad at my body and me. I wish you well and hope you heal fast and find the emotional support you need for the long road ahead of us.
Unread 07-12-2011, 09:15 PM

I admire you for what you are doing. I am 5 weeks out and overdid it for two days and am paying for it now. I can only imagine how hard it is for you. I am trying to look at how good I should feel in another month or so and just keep putting one foot in front of the other.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2011, 10:11 PM

Hi Ferrell ~

I am so sorry you are having a rough time. There are only a few situations in life (at least I think so) that are as heartrending as infertility. So many of us have your same background, trying everything to achieve fertility and then ending with a trip to the castle. Be assured of warm support, thoughts, prayers, and all the support you can handle from the sisters on this site!

It will get better with time, both physically and emotionally. In the meantime, we are here for you!!
Unread 07-12-2011, 11:47 PM

I really hate endometriosis. It's wrecked havoc on both my sister's and my own lives. My heart goes out to you.
My sister managed to adopt although I know thats not always a possibility for some. She was in a far wealthier position than most.
I just want to say you're not alone, there are so many of us out there who mourn for those babies that we can't have, who mourn for the body we can't have. I ended up learning some mind body meditation with a grief counceller, but to be honest there is no easy answer.
You are grieving what you've lost and its important you realise that and let yourself recover.
I'm sending you a big cyberhug and hope it helps, Jaxi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register