TAH 7 weeks feeling great then swelled back up with pain where ovaries used to be | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 weeks feeling great then  swelled back up with pain where ovaries used to be 7 weeks feeling great then swelled back up with pain where ovaries used to be

Unread 06-16-2013, 05:29 PM
7 weeks feeling great then swelled back up with pain where ovaries used to be

I will be 7 weeks Tuesday I have been feeling great released for everything doctor said all was good just Wendsday. I don't work so haven't really been doing anything different but this even my weekly belly is back big time has not been swelled in over two weeks and having excspecially where my ovary used on left side and there now feels like there is a knot there. Has any experienced anything like this or have any idea what it could be or what to for it all advice appreciated.Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2013, 07:31 AM
Re: 7 weeks sudden pain and swelling

I would call the doctors office. There must be someone on call for your doctor.

Or go to the ER if you need to.

I haven't experienced anything like this but maybe someone else here has and can help better.

I hope it gets better for you!
Unread 06-17-2013, 08:11 AM

I will be 6 weeks post op tomorrow & I am having pretty much the same syptoms as you stated, only difference is, is that I am also having a lot of gas pains I still have pain meds so I ended up taking one last night to make it thru the night. I go in to see my doc Wed. I'm sorry I'm no help, but atleast someone is having the same sypmtoms as you so maybe it's no so 'uncommon? :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2013, 08:15 AM

I called my doctors office the doctor filling in said it was from intercourse and to not do it any more till 8 weeks not as healed inside as we thought.
Unread 06-17-2013, 10:21 AM

I am 6 weeks post-op, any at week 4 I had bleeding and cramps. The Dr. Said everything looked ok, but I'm still bleeding ( now its only dark spotting) and minor cramping. Is this normal?
Unread 06-17-2013, 11:40 AM

My swelly belly comes every time I do anything new. If I walk a little longer, move a bit faster, etc. But reading your symptoms, I would call the covering doc or go to ER if necessary.
Feel better
Unread 06-17-2013, 11:51 AM
Re: 7 weeks feeling great then swelled back up with pain where ovaries used to be

Do you think you might have been overdoing that your belly got swelly again? I haven't experienced the knot feeling you mention, but I would suggest giving your doc a call to check in and see what they think. Please keep us updated! (((hugs))))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register