Ice, Ice And Ice again.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ice, Ice And Ice again.... Ice, Ice And Ice again....

Unread 07-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Ice, Ice And Ice again....

I had my TAH July 1st and whilst I am still in pain, I am pleasantly surprised at how quickly I have been able to get the pain under control with only Ibuprofen now. My abdominal binder and zip lock bags full of ice have helped me tremendously, especially during the first week home. I have gradually reduced the need for the binder as it started to get uncomfortable, but I would not have been without it straight after surgery and during the first week at home. I was terrified of having the surgery, I have no pain tolerance and yet it was not as bad as I thought it would be - it's still pretty painful, but the pain starts to decrease every day and I am slowly getting back to being myself again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Re: Ice, Ice And Ice again....

I've been wondering how long to wear mine. Ice packs are a great idea!
Unread 07-12-2011, 07:25 PM

The nurse said it really helped her GYN patients and it really calmed down the tension and soreness of the incision.
It works!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2011, 07:27 PM

Got a big ziplock bag on mine now! It feels SO good! Thank you!
Unread 07-12-2011, 07:28 PM

They glued my belly back together, so no baths for a while in case I pop open!
So that's another plus for the binder to keep everything where it needs to stay!
Unread 07-12-2011, 07:29 PM

I'm 3 weeks out and still ice about twice a day and wear my binder some!
Unread 07-12-2011, 07:44 PM

I wore my binder for a couple of weeks after my surgery. I had my staples removed 10 days after surgey,and the binder was a comforting thing to have. It was uncomfortable sometimes,but overall I was scared of popping open my incision,and that was all I needed to continue wearing it.Take care and good luck with your recovery.

Valynda
Unread 07-12-2011, 07:57 PM

I kinda wish I had bought the one from this site with cooler packs now.
Unread 07-12-2011, 08:02 PM

Mine don't have cooler packs, i got the basic binder from the hospital. Just put a cloth between you and ice in a zip baggy so you don't get frost bite!
Unread 07-12-2011, 08:44 PM

Haha that is all we need right? My dh put ice in ziplock and pillowcase for me. Sleeping with this sucker tonight!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register