Feeling "Too" Good After 10 days. Am I missing something? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling "Too" Good After 10 days.  Am I missing something? Feeling "Too" Good After 10 days. Am I missing something?

Unread 07-31-2005, 10:18 PM
Feeling "Too" Good After 10 days. Am I missing something?

I feel like I'm waiting for the floor to drop out from under me. For being only 10 days post-op, I feel better than what I think I'm supposed to feel! I don't have any pain and haven't for about five days. Tonight I went out to dinner and walked around Wal-Mart with my husband for a short time (about 20 minutes). I didn't push the cart nor did I pick up anything. I finally sat down and read something the remainder of the trip just to make sure I didn't overdo it.

I was a little more active today, too. I walked very briefly outside this morning and put a small load of laundry in the washing machine, although I had someone else take it out. I sat more than I laid down.

I still feel fine. Am I just fooling myself? Or will I actually start to feel worse later? I'm confused....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2005, 10:27 PM
No Pain

So happy for you and a little jealous. I'm three days behind you feeling pressure in the pubic area that is very painful.Nonetheless I am moving around quite a bit and feeling pretty normal other than the above... Continued healing

VIP2
Unread 07-31-2005, 11:13 PM

Your recovery sounds similar to mine. My mom left on day 7, meaning I've had to do everything myself since. It also means not much has been done!! I do my laundry, but since I'm short and have trouble reaching into the washer, I use my pickup tool to grab the wet clothes so I can put them in the dryer. I fold my clothes right out of the dryer and put them away. Since I'm alone, I don't have much laundry, or cooking, or dishes. I have wood floors so I have Swiffered them a few times but not sweeping yet at 4 weeks post-op. Yes, I have overdone it a few times. My first big outing on day 15 (gone for 3 hrs) put me on the couch for 3 days!! I have tried to be good about taking it easy, and I feel good too. I could probably wash my car and feel fine later, but I want to heal right. Just because you feel good, remember you have LOTS of internal stitches and you need to REST. Listen to your body. Don't overdo it. It's not worth it!

Rene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Good for you!!!

I, too was/am feeling your way. My surgery was easier than my 2 c-sections. I was thinking I'd be down for about a month. today is the start of my 2 week recovery and I don't even feel as though I had ANY surgery. I've been cleaning, doing laundry, and everything I've done before. My doctor said that's fine, my body will guide me and yours will, too. It's a shame, though because instead of enjoying it, I feel like something is the matter. I guess just continue to 'listen' to your body and it will be ok. Good luck to you and I'm happy to hear that someone else is like me!!!
Unread 08-01-2005, 12:16 AM

I was in the same boat. I felt so much better the first day out of surgery than I had in months. My first day out of the hospital I went shopping with the DH and had a blast! We don't get to town much so I took advantage of being there by spending my first week post-op visiting with family members and friends. It was wonderful. I just took it slow. At seven days I was doing everything I always do again. I didn't even get any swelly belly. I felt kinda like an imposture reading the threads. I'm glad you're experiencing an easy recovery too. If I could of I would of taken on more pain in a heart beat if I could of taken some of someone else's. Some of these threads tear at my heart.

Just listen to your body. It will let you know what you can do.
Unread 08-01-2005, 12:51 AM

I'm right there with you! It has really been a positive experience for me too! It sounds like you are following the advice on the Hyster checkpoints. I love the way the checkpoint list actually tells you what you can and cannot do.

Try not to wait for the "other shoe to drop".......enjoy this time. That is what I'm doing. Although I find myself becoming bored at times, I am starting to realize that this whole experience is a very interesting and yes, beautiful chapter in my life. Continue to take care. You are an inspiration to others that might be afraid of the unknown that comes with having that surgery date set!

Jennifer
Unread 08-01-2005, 04:13 AM

Hi! I am feeling very good. My surgery was on July 18th - came home on the 22nd and have been feeling good ever since. The only annoying thing is that I have a spot in the incision that is not healing as quickly as the rest of it.
Unread 08-01-2005, 04:20 AM

I went back to work part time this week..week two..I too have felt great except for scaring myself a couple of times from overdoing..but today I pulled something and its the first real pain ive had...and I don't like it one bit..so be careful and don't over do..
Unread 08-01-2005, 04:49 AM

If you're as lucky as I was you will still be waiting for the other shoe to drop months later I had a VERY easy recovery, the only problem I had even a bit of trouble with was gas (and that wasn't even that bad) and hemorrhoids (they aren't pleasant! but still minor in the big picture). I feel better than I have in years, even DH has noticed that I walk differently, I'm not as tired as I used to be and I don't rub my back all the time and for him to notice anything, it must be a big change!! Good luck with your continued great recovery!!
Unread 08-01-2005, 08:31 AM

Thanks sisters! I was beginning to think I was abnormal! Like you, Jen, I would gladly take some of the pain for those who have had one complication after another! And it seems like those who are suffering the most have the least support.

I will continue to monitor and listen to my body. Hubby returns to work today, so this could be interesting! It's been nice having him around.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register