What If.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-15-2009, 07:05 PM
What If....

Hello Ladies, I'm going for my pre-op tomorrow morning. My Tah/Bso is 4/23. Here I am on my 3rd glass of wine and waiting for American Idol to come on. I use to be addicted to Ebay now this is my new addiction.

When I got my surgery date about six weeks ago, I would come here and just cry...cry...cry.

The girls in my office keep telling me to stay away from here, because it just gets me more nervous, but I can't.

Anyway, one of my biggest fear is I litarilly bounce off the walls. I can't sit through a TV show. What am I going to do for six weeks? People tell me, Mary, you're not going to feel like doing anything. I am not a TV person, I do like to read and walk though, I am also a clean freak with four dogs and a DH , never had kids. I am going to be 50 in September. I am 5'4" and 114 lbs. I don't want to loose my energy, gain weight, or get depressed because of wacked up hormones.

What if I don't feel the same, will I ever get my the energy back? I'm having this done because of Pelvic Pain. I have a history of Endo. I feel really good this week no pain at all. I keep asking myself if I'm doing the right thing. I have
full confidence in my Gyno. I've heard tons of great things about her.

I'm just scared what she will find when she goes in. Well American Idol just came on......Hugs everybody.

Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Re: What If....

Hi Mary,
You are right do not stay away from this site. This has been the most helpful place I found to read and sound off and to know that others feel the same way or have had the same experience as I.

After your surgery the first three to four weeks you will not feel like doing anything but laying around and nursing yourself. I would suggest to get lots of books to read and enjoy the rest. I turned 50 four days after my surgery and am so glad that I had my surgery. Also, you will get your energy back, it may take a while but you will.

You will survive this surgery and you will know you did the right thing after you had surgery. Take care and get lots of books to read and relax.
Deb
Unread 04-15-2009, 07:35 PM

Hi everyone, i go for my TVH on monday and for some strange reason i am not nervous at all, i think it might have alot to do with this site - it has been great - as a matter of fact i even told my dr to tell anyone having to have a hysterect about this site, the way i am looking at it is that i will get to the castle go to sleep wake up in pain hit my happy botton and take it from there, i will take it easy for the first 2 weeks then work on getting myself back up and running seeing that i am trying to get back to work in 4 weeks seeing that i am not getting paid for the time off and DH is unemployed. I have a great suppost system composed of both family and friends ( 2 are nurses ) I really think this site as help me so much in knowing what will happen that made it so much easier, i am even going to PA for my grand daughters birthday so i dont even have to think about it till i get home on sunday night, so i guess the next time i post will be after the surgery, and i will let you know if i stayed calm, thank you all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2009, 06:23 AM

Hi Mary,

Hystersisters helped me so much when I was a nervous pre-op that I'm still here - almost 7 years post-op.
The ladies are so wonderful with sharing experiences, support & info

I'm a short, small person too & tend to be a bit hyper. I was concerned about my recovery as I don't watch a lot of tv either. I found that the first few days sleeping was what I did most. I also started walking the day after surgery, slowly and short distances - adding as I felt up to it. I read when I had the concentration and watched light weight movies to help pass the time. I even watched a few game shows

I healed well and was released to resume my normal activities at six weeks. I'm a clog dancer and performed at 10 weeks post-op.

I'm happy to say that I am still about the same weight as I was before my surgery. I'm taking a very small dosage of hrt ( estrogen only ) and my dr plans to stop it soon ( we'll see ). She has said that if I need it, I can continue on for awhile longer.

Best wishes.

Unread 04-16-2009, 08:19 AM

I am only 1 week post op, I am like you I don't like sitting, I am a very busy person, I work 6 days a week so it has been hard, but unfortunately you don't feel like doing anything and basically you can't. I am still very sore and I still am getting terrible gas pains. I just take it slow and one day at a time and I know in a few weeks I will be making my way slowly back to normal. You have to make the decision if you want to go ahead and have the surgery and go through this or not. I am glad I had the surgery and I know the recovery is a long process but I have to go through it one day at a time. I think in the end it will all be worth it.
Unread 04-16-2009, 08:23 AM

Well I found the computer kept me the most entertained. I would visit this site, I quit smoking and found an online site for that, I used it to do a makeover for myself checking out fashion and shoes online looking up topics of interest etc. Thank goodness I have a laptop. In the last couple of weeks I have been doing almost daily phone calls with my mother. With that said I slept for almost the first 2 weeks. I didn't expect that but that is how it was.

And at 7 weeks out I have more energy than I have had in years. Even with quitting smoking my emotional state is the best it has been in years. Life is very good when you are not bleeding 2 weeks out of four or having cramps the rest of the time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register