period symptoms worse now?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

period symptoms worse now?? period symptoms worse now??

Unread 08-19-2005, 07:57 PM
period symptoms worse now??

i was wondering if anyone has notice the cramping, sore breasts, pimples, normal pms worse after their hyst??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2005, 08:04 PM

Hi, Gooeybutter, I am 4 1/2 months post op and I have noticed that my breasts are more tender than they were ever before. They get so sore that I can't stand for anything to touch them and I can't sleep on my stomach. I still get the lower back ache and cramps and feel like I am going to start any day. The pimples aren't as bad, but I think the mood swings are worse. Hopefully as time goes by it will all get better. Wishing you the best. Carol
Unread 08-19-2005, 08:46 PM

I had a TAH/BSO July 26, 2005. You asked a great question. I noticed this week that I was having PMS symptoms. I thought, how strange is this and if it was normal. My breast are a little sore, my face and neck are breaking out (I ordered Proactiv), and I am VERY moody (especially today). My poor husband is getting the worst of it. I go to the doctor for my 4 week post-op visit. I plan in asking him a few questions. Some times I feel like I'm about to go nuts! LOL!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2005, 11:14 AM

I have a bit of the cramps for a day or two each month. My mom said that since I still have one ovary I will experience a bit of monthly symptoms. My face has gotten more oily since my surgery too. But, thank the Lord I do not have sore breasts anymore. It used to be horrible.
Unread 08-20-2005, 03:05 PM

My breasts are sore and its now not just one pimple a month, I get three!!! UUUGggghhhh!!!!
Unread 08-20-2005, 07:44 PM

TAH on June 27th. When I went to the Dr. for my 6 week checkup, I told her about how sore and tender my breasts were. She said my Climara patch was too high and that I was getting too much Estrogen. So she lowered the dose and it did help.
clf626
Unread 08-21-2005, 04:58 AM

hi lm 3 1\2 post op and my boobs are killing me, and pms, hopefully at check up this week l hope to get HELP good luck
Unread 08-21-2005, 09:05 AM

Hello! Regarding the PMS symptoms, I was wondering the same thing only I'm about to have what would be the first "monthly" following surgery, and I don't know what's going to happen. Help? Also, above the incision it's somewhat hard, recent change, is this normal?
Great website and thanks to all for answers that have been a huge help!
young 41,TAH/kept ovaries
Unread 08-21-2005, 10:33 AM

eight weeks and my boobs are swolen and hurt. so, yes, PMS big time.
Unread 08-22-2005, 01:20 PM

I am 13 weeks post op and still having zits, sore boobs, bloating, and cramps. The cramps are almost every day -they're not bad, just irritating since I thought I would not have them anymore! Plus, I feel swelled up when I have the cramps. Will this EVER all go away??

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register