Surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-08-2002, 06:45 PM
Surgery

Well, it is really official now. I go in Thurs. morning at 6:00. My surgery is scheduled for 7:30. I'm the first one on the list. How lucky can I be?! HEHEHE I'm having a TAH/BSO. So, I decided to take tomorrow afternoon off, get my stuff together and just relax, if that's possible for me to do. I'll get back in here as soon as I can to let you know how everything went.

Hugs to you all,
Snow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2002, 07:30 PM
Surgery

Dear Snow, Hi ! I am the following week (Wed) the 16th. I am also first case at 7:30. I guess it is better to be first and not sit there and think about it. I go for my pre-op this Thursday at 9:00. I called today to see if all the insurance was done and they said yes and that I was pre cert. from the insurance co. to stay in the hospital after surgery for TWO DAYS. Everyone I know has stayed for 3 to 4 days. Oh well I guess everyone is different. GOOD LUCK and let me knowhow you do- DV from Ms.
Unread 01-08-2002, 07:43 PM
Surgery

I too was cleared for two days by insurance co . I told the nice lady at the hospital that Doc said I would be in there for 3 days, she said they could get another day added on. So might want to talk to the hospital rep. or whoever did your pre-certification for you. Best wishes to you also.

Hugs,
Snow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2002, 08:14 PM
Surgery

Hi Snow!

Blessing to you for your special day! You'll be in my prayers for all to go well and a speedy recovery!

Rest as much as you can. Why not pamper yourself with a long hot bath and a good book on more time before your stay at the castle?

Let us know how you are doing once you are up to it!

Hugs,

Laurie
Unread 01-08-2002, 08:50 PM
Hi Snow

Ok this is the important day the day before. You must do all the things they tell you and some that you just think up as shaving legs. etc. Pamper yourself this last day and make it all the way into the night. Get a good nights sleep now that is important at least my DR thinks so, she gave me a sleeping pill to take that night so I would be well rested. I was believe it or not it put me rihgt out and felt good the next morning. I to was the first surgery for my DR infact I think I maybe have been her only one for that day she was leaving on vacation and didn't schedule anymore. I think she wished I would schedule later. Anyway get ready for that shiny new crown they will put on your head thursday morning. God Bless and let us know when you get back and feel up to it. The insurance will let you stay another day if the DR says you should. I was ready to come home so I didn't want to stay the two days I did. Here are some s, , , and going on just for you.
Unread 01-08-2002, 09:40 PM
Surgery

Thank you sooo much for all the hugs, well wishes, prayers, etc. I am taking off tomorrow afternoon for work just so I can get my stuff together myself and rest. Curl up in front of the puter with some friends or on the sofa with a good movie. My DH has instructed me that tomorrow I am to REST, absolutely NO house cleaning he said. So I agreed. I have washed my last load of clothes tonight and it is 11:41 p.m. I have read and read on all of these posts and it has helped me tremendously. Thank you for everything. TY ~Si~ for pointing me here!!!!!!!!!!!
One more day and I'm on my way to a healthier and happier me!!!!!!

Snow

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register