Question about intimacy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question about intimacy Question about intimacy

Unread 11-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Question about intimacy

I know I can't do anything internally... but what about clitoral stimulation???
I am about to go nuts.... been having fun with DH and am feeling 'left out'...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Question about intimacy

You need to ask your doctor what is okay for you. Some doctors say yes, some say no. Only your doctor knows what is okay for you! And you sure don't want to take the chance and then end up with complications!

We do have a Post Op Sex Checkpoints that might be helpful for you.

Unread 11-13-2007, 10:09 AM
Question about intimacy

Just called- nothing for 6 weeks..... ****!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2007, 10:18 AM
Question about intimacy

I know how you feel! I can't wait, my appt. is next week 11/19. I'm hoping he'll say I'm healed enough & good to go. I do have to say, I am very scared, so I'll be very careful in the begining.

I think my dh is as scared as I am. My 1st surgery, we had to wait a month before we could do anything & we waited another week just because he was afraid he'd hurt me. And here we are again, I can't wait till this part is over!!!!! It feel like it will never end! I guess we'll both just have to wait together. Hang in there, take care & heal well.

Terry
TAH/BSO
Unread 11-13-2007, 10:21 AM
Question about intimacy

I was just browsing around the site here to find some info about swelly belly and I noticed this topic.
I completely forgot that I wasn't supposed to have intercourse and now I'm worried.
Does anyone know how long it would be before I'd know it if something went wrong?
Unread 11-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Question about intimacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala44621
I know I can't do anything internally... but what about clitoral stimulation???
I am about to go nuts.... been having fun with DH and am feeling 'left out'...
Lala - I'm in the same boat as you - wanting to play, having some fun with hubby, but feeling left out, and he was asking if we could do that with me too - I hadn't thought of calling my doc to ask - maybe too embarrassed - It's kind-of funny - we're both really scared to do it when I get released - it'll be a lot like our wedding night! We have been married 20 years in February, and we'll be "reliving" our first time - weird!
Unread 11-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Question about intimacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennpleez
I was just browsing around the site here to find some info about swelly belly and I noticed this topic.
I completely forgot that I wasn't supposed to have intercourse and now I'm worried.
Does anyone know how long it would be before I'd know it if something went wrong?
Well when I did it too soon (at 7 weeks) I knew right away. I felt my cuff open and then the pain was worse than the hysterectomy pain. Then the blood started and followed by lots of watery looking discharge. It was my bowels and the fluid around them coming through the hole in my cuff. Please be careful ladies. I had been having lots of external stimulation prior to this so I feel that had something to do with it. By the way when the cuff tore it wasn't during the beginning, it was when I climaxed with my DH inside me. He even felt the pop too. It was a horrible experience. Now I am here Nov 13th and I had my hyst on sept 11th and I can't do anything for at least 6 more weeks. On a funny note my doctor told my DH and me that she used extra strength stitches she will have to cut out this time. She told my husband don't go poking around in there until I say its ok because it will poke back! It was too funny. Please listen to your doctors, having to have your cuff reopened and bowels fixed then sewed back up was the worse.
Janelle
Unread 11-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Question about intimacy

Thank you Janelle - I will heed your wise words and be patient. I don't want to mess anything up or make it more difficult. I was wondering about whether or not what goes on on the inside too as you said makes a difference - not just the external stimulation. I guess we'll just have to be patient and more patient! The thing that's hard for me is I haven't felt like messing around like this for quite a long time because of the prolapse I didn't realize I had, so I have enjoyed the desire, but will uphold the rules and be patient.

Thanks again for the advice!

Sandy
Unread 11-13-2007, 11:26 AM
Question about intimacy

I understand your feelings. Believe it or not I was the one who initiated things with my DH. So I had no one to blame but myself. I don't know if external stimulation is ok, but when we orgasm our muscles and ligaments inside that are holding us together are contracting and moving. Please see your doctor and ask. Every surgery is different. I know I was at a greater risk because I had to have the ligaments removed as well. Wish I knew that before I let my new hormones get the best of me!
Janelle
Unread 11-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Question about intimacy

Wow, a lot of threads about adult intimacy lately...makes me glad I came here today, this has been a big issue now. It is good to know I am not alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle9876
I understand your feelings. Believe it or not I was the one who initiated things with my DH. So I had no one to blame but myself. I don't know if external stimulation is ok, but when we orgasm our muscles and ligaments inside that are holding us together are contracting and moving. Please see your doctor and ask. Every surgery is different. I know I was at a greater risk because I had to have the ligaments removed as well. Wish I knew that before I let my new hormones get the best of me!
Janelle
Oh I believe it...I was a bad girl too.

This is a good reminder that orgasms can cause whole body spasms...might even be worse than lifting a laundry basket. I will ask my doctor tomorrow and report back but in the meantime....

...DH might have to stay out of the bedroom...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register