Surgery ahead | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery ahead Surgery ahead

Unread 01-13-2009, 08:49 PM
Surgery ahead

Well I Am Scared Too With My Surgery On Monday 19th Of Jan I Can't Sleep And Feeling So Uneasy But I Am Praying For You As You Pray For Me I Wish You Well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Surgery ahead

had my lavh on dec. 19th and trust me, the fears beforehand are really over-exaggerated. you will be a nervous wreck before the surgery, but afterwards you will be amazed at how much realistically easy the recovery will be. the surgery itself is not painful, it is just the gas that causes most people pain. wear a binder, that helps with swelly belly and gas in my case. i actually had very few gas problems and no swelly belly, but i wore an abdominal binder the day after surgery in the hospital and mostly throughout the day, especially when i laid down to rest to keep myself supported and able to move around more with ease. also, i highly recommend a buckwheat-filled heat pillow. you can find it at bed bath and beyond and you can throw it in microwave for a few minutes and lay it on your abdomen or wherever you may have aches.

trust me, everyone will be fine. the hardest part is truly the waiting. the recovery is really not bad at all.
Unread 01-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Surgery ahead

It's only natural to feel scared, I think pre op is like being on an emotional roller coaster and every day is full of highs and lows. I can also feel lonely at times despite having a very support DH, family & friends. I have found this site truly wonderful, you can ask the sisters anything, u can just post how you are feeling and someone will come along and help.

Many of the posts I've read have said that waiting is the worst part, so we just have to trust the sisters who have gone before! You are nearly there!

Good Luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register