Now it is my turn to be nervous! Thursday is almost here. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Now it is my turn to be nervous! Thursday is almost here. Now it is my turn to be nervous! Thursday is almost here.

Unread 08-02-2005, 06:19 PM
Now it is my turn to be nervous! Thursday is almost here.

I am not freaked out, but I am pretty nervous. Thursday I go in and I am starting to feel the dread. Elective surgery gives you too much time to think I guess! Like many of you, I also worry about the medications. The anesthesia and pain meds. I had a GA before, and I woke up very shaky. My doc said this time they are going to give me demoral instead of morphine since I am allergic, and that medicine actually stops those shakes. I just have a hard time not knowing, but the one comfort I have is I remember with the general, there is no time between falling asleep and then being in recovery. It happens that fast!

It will be over before I know it, now if I could just convince myself of that, lol! I have a feeling I will be a mess on Thursday morning. Hope they start my IV as soon as I get there with the good happy drugs.

Good luck to all of you who are going this week, there are a lot of us!!! Of course good luck to everyone! Can't wait to wear my crown!

Thank you, all of you, this site has been the only reason I have remained sane and probably not cancelled my surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2005, 06:32 PM

you will be relieved to finally have it over! Sending you calmness from the other side.....rest and enjoy your pampering....wishing you a comfy recovery.

Hugs,
and Prayers,
Kathleen
Unread 08-03-2005, 04:19 AM

Hi Valerie

Your day has finally arrived, no more waiting.

How did you get on with the von Willebrands disorder? did you end up joining the Red Sisterhood???? I hope things went o.k.

Lots of special thoughts will be with you. Hope all goes well and you have a quick recovery. Best Wishes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2005, 06:46 AM

Good Luck Valarie!! Wishing you the most skilled doctors, the nicest nurses, the most gracious friends and family, and a nice & peaceful recovery. Your sisters will be thinking of you as you get your crown!!
Hugs,
Aimee

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register