Anemia & fibroids | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anemia & fibroids Anemia & fibroids

Unread 09-17-2006, 04:49 AM
Anemia & fibroids

Hi! I have a week to go and am looking forward to getting rid of the fibroids that cause anemia. I found out about it in a routine blood control. Had got used to it so I never complained. I got more energy after I started taking iron. It really made a difference, but treated the consequence, not the cause.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2006, 08:24 AM
Anemia & fibroids

I would just like to say that I was anaemic for years before my TAH/BSO last year since then my blood count is 16 it was obvious my periods were making me anaemic as I was very rarely reaching 10 it was always around 9 or less.

I have more energy now than I have done in years.

All the best,
Unread 09-17-2006, 10:16 PM
Anemia & fibroids

Thanks for telling! These are then actually answers to a sister who asked if anyone else suffered from anemia. I thought I answered but seem to have lost the thread and started a new round..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2006, 10:56 PM
Anemia & fibroids

Hello No Doubt,

I have had fibroids for years and mild anemia with them but remained symptom free until several months ago. I noticed I was frequently tired but just brushed it off, had routine blood test done that showed a blood count barely above 10. With a two times a day dose of iron pills per my MD my count is nearly at 12 in preparation for surgery. So it seems like anemia and fibroids walk hand in hand. s to you No Doubt.
Unread 09-21-2006, 07:57 AM
Anemia & fibroids

Hi I've had multiple polyps removed after a month of hemmoraging earlier this year.But the last month its all happened again,seems they are back!Losing all that blood has just left me dizzy and the other day I nearly passed out walking across the street.If I never see blood again it will be too soon!!!So seems I have fibriods now and they will just keep coming back.Out with the uterus i say.I'm off to hospital on the 26th sept .I hope I will feel good again
Unread 09-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Anemia & fibroids

Good luck to you! I hope you´ll be feeling good after that. I´ll have my TAH the day before you go to hospital. Have had to take iron until now. Will be glad if I don´t need to take another iron pill..By the way, contrary to many here, I don´t have any restrictions concerning what to eat and drink before reporting at the castle the day before op! Had my pre-op appointment with the surgeon yesterday but she had to do an emergency op so I just talked with a nurse who could answer all my questions.
Unread 09-21-2006, 10:42 PM
Anemia & fibroids

Dear No doubt,I'll be thinking of you,the day before I go in. Hope all goes well. I don't knoww were you are,I'm in australia ,so I guess your in America?Seems everyone else is on this web site,but I can't say I've seen alot of this web site since I found it only yesterday!Well take care and I know all will go well for you Best of luck
Unread 09-21-2006, 11:08 PM
Anemia & fibroids

And I´ll be thinking of you here in Finland.
Unread 09-21-2006, 11:53 PM
Anemia & fibroids

I had a 4cm fibroid middle of uterus, and I have been anemic for years. Supposed to take a 1000mg a day, but could never stomache it! I love the doc that did my surgery, she recommended I take Slo Fe iron because it is easier on the sustem. She's right, it is, and I can't wait to have the energy a 44 yr old Woman is supposed to have. My 80 yr old Father gets more accomplished than I do. Happy Hysties to you ladies~Anju
Unread 09-22-2006, 11:49 PM
Anemia & fibroids

I have a fibroid that is making my uterus the size of a 5 month gestation. Not really been painful though which is surprising. Was hospitalized for anemia with 4 units of that red stuff. Lovely...

My doctor wants to try and shrink its size down before surgery, if possible. Right now am waiting on the injection to be approved though so hopefully Monday I can get it.

So in meantime waiting and hoping NOT to go back to ER with a count lower than 6 last time (ate iron rich food to I was compensating). Late last month it was 9. Just had a blood count 9/22/06 but don't know the results yet.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register