Pre op today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-08-2007, 08:08 AM
Pre op today

My pre op is today. I woke up Sunday feeling like my allergies were out of control. By yesterday, I realized I have a full blown cold. It's in my head, though, and i'm not feverish, so I'm PRAYING I'm a go for the surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2007, 08:26 AM
Pre op today

Hope everything goes ok at your pre-op today.

I came down with a terrible cold yesterday.
My pre-op isn't until next Monday so hopefully it will be gone by then.
Unread 05-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Pre op today

You too huh? I've had cold symptoms for 3 days and I am gobbling down Vitamin C and yogurt trying to kick it so they don't postpone surgery. lol Hope yours is gone in time!! Don't forget a vaporizer and Zycam works great!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Pre op today

At this time of year it could be really bad allergies also. Call your dr to see if they want you to take anything before you go into surgery. Good luck and take care.
Unread 05-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Pre op today

I'm back! No temperature, no elevated white blood cells, so I'm good to go. I left a message with my doctor.

Put me in the Fleet club. Urgh! I also have to do an iodine douche. I'm REALLY looking forward to THAT one I also get to have an antibacterial shower and then softly and gently scrub my tummy with medicated gel.

The fun thing is that, because of my diabetes, they want my blood sugars a little higher than normal, so they suggest a meal late Sunday night.

My insurance threw me for a loop. thelabs at the hospital aren't covered, so I had to make an unscheduled visit to Quest Labs. I feel like I've been tortured. Yikes.

They were impressed with the questions I asked (thank you all so much for all of the info so I knew what to ask!). I remembered to ask for anti nausea meds, which my anesthesiologist gladly prescribed.

So, there really isn't anything to do! I'm done until Monday!
Unread 05-08-2007, 01:42 PM
Pre op today

That sounds great!! So glad that you're good to go! I found out today that mine is allergies, I didn't realize the pollen count was so high. Otherwise I would have known. lol Boy, an iodine douche huh? Hmmmm, that sounds just.....um....lovely! You're so lucky to be going Monday. I know I'm only 4 days behind you but that's 4 more days of torture. hahahaha GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!
Unread 05-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Pre op today

Thank you! I'm glad yours is allergies. I'm pretty sure that's what my issue is, too, because by this afternoon, I was fine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register