Scheduled TAH To be at the castle at 6am Monday - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

To be at the castle at 6am Monday To be at the castle at 6am Monday

Unread 01-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Re: To be at the castle at 6am Monday

@maryhy
Yeah...I over pack too. And I do like to use natural things...got sensitive skin and all. So I'll pack something comfy to wear...my cocoa butter for my skin, some conditioner and moisturizer for my hair and a big comb and a spray bottle. If I have no energy for anything else...I can always play with my hair..which is a favorite passtime of mine...lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2013, 09:44 PM

Sounds like a great idea BonaDea.

I was so surprised at how nice the surgical hospital was, I felt like I had checked into a 4 star hotel! I don't know how all hospitals work, but when I went in, they give me TED hose, which feels like a sort of sexy thigh high (which I kept because who knows, maybe I want to keep my legs warm some time?) lol plus, a friend who is a nurse said to keep them because they are expensive and nice! When they brought me to my room, it was luxurious, beautiful cherry wood, hardly felt like a hospital room. The nursing staff was so nice and helpful.

I haven't seen my hospital bill yet, but my deductible was met so hopefully I won't have too huge of a bill. Its all the little extras that I'm wondering about.

Soon you will be back at home, resting and recuperating. Take things slow and easy and let others pamper you. You deserve to allow the healing process to do what it needs to do. Be patient and take the meds prescribed. You will do great.
Unread 01-11-2013, 10:13 PM

Thanks....I will definitely take it easy and enjoy the pain meds. Last surgery the hospital staff was so nice. It wasn't overnight but they were all very nice. So I am thinking it'll be pretty good. And I'll have t.v. And my iPhone...I should be ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2013, 06:22 AM

You are fortunate you had this support of this site before you went into surgery. I didn't know about this until about 2 weeks post op. There is a lot of info that would have been helpful had I seen this earlier. I'm learning to navigate around here and just found the hints thread, some good info shared.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register