Well that was a waste of makeup! lol | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Well that was a waste of makeup!  lol Well that was a waste of makeup! lol

Unread 10-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Well that was a waste of makeup! lol

So yeah....here we go! First big outing....trip to the market so I can pick stuff out myself instead of asking my DH to get things. Lasted all of 10 minutes and had to leave. The jeans are not tight at all,in fact they're loose, but they hurt the va-gi-gi too much. Got what I had to and that was it! So I'll look glamorous in the chair today. lol

K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2006, 12:44 PM

LOL! I hear ya! I have not even attempted to put on makeup to go out yet. It's called a ponytail and wrinkles and bags under the eyes. I just don't even care. I am going back to work the 17th so I will try it then. Plus I don't want to get my husband all excited by looking to good. I don't have the strength to fight him off. LOL! He stole my reeces pieces last night and I could not fight him to get them back. I wanted to kill him. You don't steal chocolate from a girl on bedrest. He has no heart! LOL! I have not even attempted jeans yet either. It's still to hot here in GA though. I have been wearing t-shirts and khakis.
Unread 10-10-2006, 12:48 PM

You ladies are too funny! I've ventured out only a couple of times. No make up (but I do manage a bra!). Anyhow, I occasionally see someone looking at me and I'm just ready to belt out -- "hey, I just got rid of a uterus and cervix and had a bladder tacked into place.... you gotta problem with me?" So far, I must admit, everyone seems to scuttle away rather quickly so my rehearsal has been for nothing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2006, 12:52 PM

Irish

Your hubby needs to be tarred and feathered! Geesh, goin' and stealen chocolate from his princess! BULLY! ~Anju
Unread 10-10-2006, 12:54 PM

I know he is a very very bad boy and will be punished as soon as I can! LOL!
Unread 10-10-2006, 12:55 PM

well thank you for looking so nice when you talk to us It was nice to get out though I bet. I went out for the first time today too i went to lunch with hubby so i know how you feel . I have a pair of shorts that i call my fat pants you know the kind you bumb around the house in. I put then on to go out it was a lot more comfortable i felt like I was in my PJ'S . I may not have made a fashion statement but it didnt hurt. I sort of felt funny but my hubby said I looked good( he can say all the right things sometime). try that the next time maybe you can stay out longer. wish you all the luck
Unread 10-10-2006, 01:01 PM

I've made two short trips out and last night we ate out and I tried to find some decent comfy clothes at Kohls (no luck). Geez, that took a lot out of me and heck no I didn't bother with makeup.
Unread 10-10-2006, 01:11 PM

Oh yeah. I hear you! I started going to the store with DH two weeks ago. He tried really hard to do the shopping, but he's not the most nurturing husband on the planet, and I got really tired of Chinese food (the only thing he knows how to cook; not to mention the havoc it wreaked on my traumatized digestive system!). So, I pulled on my daughter's old hockey sweat pants, and had my husband drive me to the store. He pushed the cart and I pointed. We went late at night, so it wasn't too crowded, but after 20 minutes I'd definitely had enough! My poor belly!

Still, like you said, I wanted to look nice for my first big outing. I looked pretty good. My hair looked nice for a change, and I had actually taken the effort to put on eyeliner.

My DH noticed that I looked nice...which caused another problem that I wrote about in a thread last night (I'm afraid of sex). But! That's another topic.

Sarah
Unread 10-10-2006, 01:13 PM

Oops! Did I say I started shopping two weeks ago? I meant 1 week ago. There I go again, dust-bunny brain.

Sarah
Unread 10-10-2006, 01:23 PM

LOL! I did a short outing to the in-laws on Sunday for dinner. There was no way I cared about makeup. I slipped on an old 'jumper' type dress so nothing would touch the belly. Of couse I only moved from the dinner table to the couch. Made it a whole hour and a half.

I so want to try going out again soon. It's been only 8 days post-op, but I hate relying on people to 'pick up things' for me.

Oh,, and by the way,,, if my husband would reach for my ghiradelli chocolates a friend brought me,,, he'll lose a hand! LOL!!! And I think he knows that.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register