Bladder pain.....How long is normal?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder pain.....How long is normal?? Bladder pain.....How long is normal??

Unread 03-17-2013, 08:00 AM
Bladder pain.....How long is normal??

I really hope someone answers this, the last few posts i put up have had no responses. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks exactly since my TAH and I am still experiencing pain upon urinating. It is toward the end of voiding, my bladder just aches. Is this a common experience or should I contact a doctor tomorrow. Yes, I know I probably should and therefore will, I just would like to know what the experience of other is as this point.
Thank YOU!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2013, 08:19 AM
Re: Bladder pain.....How long is normal??

I am having bladder pain as well, I am 6 weeks on Wednesday. I did check for a bladder infection but I got the all clear. My Dr appt is on Tuesday so I will ask and let you know. My pain is while I am going, mostly every time, sometimes more painful than not.
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singmeaway View Post
I am having bladder pain as well, I am 6 weeks on Wednesday. I did check for a bladder infection but I got the all clear. My Dr appt is on Tuesday so I will ask and let you know. My pain is while I am going, mostly every time, sometimes more painful than not.
I am SO glad I am not the only one. Please do let me know what they say. I know my bladder was stretched up the front of my uterus, however he did not use the word adhered or adhesion, but said he really had to encourage it off. I know this is traumatic to the bladder, but I swear I would feel almost 100% better if this would stop hurting....oh and if my skin wasn't numb but aching at the same time....weird....thank you so much for responding. I was checked at 10 days post op for an infection as well and was cleared.....I really hope I didn't trade one pain for another......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2013, 08:27 AM

Keep a good thought, this has really been my only major issue.
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:32 AM

At 3 wks. I had a bladder infection. Took a full round of antibiotics & still hurt. Pain was worse than first few days post op. Went back to dr. he gave me a stronger antibiotic but also told me that he strongly suspected bladder spasms as source of my pain. He gave me a prescription for antispasm medicine for bladder. He was correct. Told me it was very common for bladder to do this after surgery. I hope this helps you. I don't have to take the medicine much anymore. I am at 5 wks. & only use it at night if I overdo it during the day.
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:44 AM

I was just about to ask this same question!! Was gonna call dr tommorow about it....thanks for posting it and knowing im not alone!!
Unread 03-17-2013, 09:03 AM

I too am experiencing bladder pain and was also cleared for any infection. I get a pain that's hard describe when I finish going potty, almost like a contraction but not quite. I also ache after I go for quite some time. When I spoke with the DR he said it was normal and to keep tabs on it. I'm curious what your DR tells you, good luck!
Unread 03-17-2013, 09:05 AM

I don't think we are ever alone! I hope there is a med for this, I am tired of it.
Unread 03-17-2013, 09:28 AM

I am so glad you posted this as I too am having bladder issues. Ironically I did not know until this week when my DH read my pathology report that I had an additional surgery called colopsuspension. The dr never mentioned it to me and I was shocked when I googled it. No wonder I have bladder pain. This recovery process is not quite what I expected.
Regards to all for speedy recoveries! Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Unread 03-17-2013, 09:33 AM

Hi ladies,

It sounds like bladder spasms. Mecha124, please make sure your doctor checks you for a UTI first just in case. Here is an article to read Bladder Spasms After Hysterectomy?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register