waiting for a date | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

waiting for a date waiting for a date

Unread 04-20-2003, 08:33 PM
waiting for a date

Yes, I have relented and am now waiting for a call on a date from the hospital for my surgery. I am scared and not looking forward this at all. Husband doen not seem to understand what's going on. The dread, the preparation the loss. I hope they cll tomorrow I am a planner and I know the date will be secodn week of May but not knowing for sure so I can make plans is killing me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2003, 09:07 PM
Waiting for a date

Hi, I was placed on the surgical waiting list third week of Jan. I was given a date of June 10, but then was told at the end of March that they needed to change the date...... (as some one else needed it). They are trying to fit me in on June 5th but if the other surgeon won't give up her surgery time, then it will be next winter (Oct or later). It is frustrating. I am a single mom with aging parents that live in another city. A couple of my friends were going to book their holiday time, so they could help me. But without a firm date, ....... I guess you can tell that I am frustrated with this whole process. Anyways, this site has been wonderful!

Levanah
Unread 04-21-2003, 08:04 PM
June?

I am not sure I could wait throught that. Have you considered switching hospitals or doctors?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2003, 08:11 PM
waiting for a date

From the time I decided to opt for the TVH, until I was scheduled with a date was about 10 days. However my date is June 9th. My dr only operates on Weds unless there is an emergency. Plus his son is getting married in May and he will be off for 2 weeks.. so you can see how it quickly got pushed into June. I was lucky to get a Monday date and only did because I practically begged him for it and he is only in the office half a day on Mon anyway. DH can only take off a full week for vacation, beginning on Monday, so it makes it easier for me.

The wait is the hardest part so everyone tells me. Hang in there. I have found this site to be great comfort

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register