hysterical | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-21-2003, 03:13 PM
hysterical

i have been crying hysterically..i am so worked up about this abnormal ekg and the possibility of my surgery being cancelled wednesday. my husand says if i keep going like this i wont need the surgery ill be dead from the stress. p.s. can someone tell me what adenomyosis is? (not sure of spelling)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2003, 03:22 PM
hysterical

Heres a big for you.

I have adenomyosis. Its basically endometriosis inside the muscle of the uterus. Most endo is on the outer part of the organs, this is how it differs. It also causes menstrual problems because the uterus has trouble contracting normally. That is the easiest way for me to explain it. It causes an enlarged boggy uterus, pain, cramps, and heavy bleeding with clots, depending on how severe it is. Some women have it and never have a symptom, or only have one symptom.

Adeno is tough to diagnose. My dr did a complete medical history, ultrasounds, ct scans, and biopsies before making my diagnosis.

As far as the EKG goes, I wish I had some comforting words, but I have never dealt with that. My mother has heart trouble and has to go thru a course of antibiotics before any surgery takes place. I'd call your doctor and express your concerns. Pin him down and make him tell you what needs to be done so your surgery can continue on as planned.

Unread 04-21-2003, 03:23 PM
Adenomyosis

((((((((((((((((((((MAC)))))))))))))))))))))

Oh honey...I wish I could give you that hug in person. Please sit quietly and calm yourself with some deep, cleansing breaths. Fear is merely a reaction to the unknown, and if you read as much as possible about what you are facing, it really won't seem as insurmountable.

Adenomyosis is when the inner lining of the uterus (not the lining that gets sloughed off each month during your period) perforates the uterine wall and invades the uterine muscles. It is horribly painful (I know, because I suffer from it, too) and the only cure is a hysterectomy.

I'm having my hysterectomy on May 14th at 2:30 p.m. (can you say 23 days, 23 hours and 20 minutes?)...but who's counting!?!

I know, beyond a doubt, that whatever discomfort I have after surgery will pale in comparison with what I live with right now.

Peace of mind and a calm spirit to you,
Simi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2003, 03:31 PM
hysterical

((((((((((((((((Maria)))))))))))))))))))))),

Please take some deep breaths hon. My EKG showed an enlarged atrium(sp) . I had my surgery without any treatments.

Call your dr and see what this is all about hon.

as for adeno. Here is a link to an excellent description.

just click on it.

http://www.obgyn.net/displayarticle....es/Adenomyosis

Good luck hon.

Pamcat
Unread 04-22-2003, 05:32 AM
hysterical

hi i dont think i have that ademo. the reason i was asking because my ultrasound report said possible. i guess i dont have because i have no symptons that you are saying. my biggest problem is that the cysts or growth on my ovary is cancer. i am praying this hyst doesnt get posponed. i go to the dr. tod ay.
Unread 04-22-2003, 10:24 AM
hysterical

macc,
I went through the cancer scare also, and I know how frightening it is. Before I was given the "all clear", I came to terms with the possibilites and determined that I was a strong woman who was not going to be beaten.
Good luck today at the doctor's, and I'm hoping your surgery won't be postponed.
Please try to stay calm through all of this - It'll be better for you in the long run...There's alot to learn here, and I hope you find solace in some of the threads.

HollyG

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register