MRI to diagnose adenomyosis??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

MRI to diagnose adenomyosis??? MRI to diagnose adenomyosis???

Unread 11-17-2000, 02:33 PM
MRI to diagnose adenomyosis???

Hello All,

This is the first time I have posted, but have been reading messages for about 2 weeks now. I am 28, have 3 children, 9, 5, and 2. I had a tubal during my last lap in June. I have Endometriosis and my dr. is convinced I have fibroids and adeno. based on a pelvic exam. Well, the ultrasound ruled out fibroids, but the dr. is still convinced I have adeno. He said my uterus is enlarged and has a cobblestone feel to it. My periods are very irregular, lasting about 2 1/2 weeks, starting off spotting, then heavy clots, then spotting again. I cramp all of the time and my last pregnancy was a nightmare. I was on bedrest from bleeding and preterm contractions. I am miserable.

My question is, I have scheduled a MRI with contrast for next week to diagnose adenomyosis. The dr. and the Radiologist seem to think that it can successfully diagnose it. Have any of you ever had this done, and did it show adeno.? I would just hate to have a hyst and the path. report showing a normal uterus. I would feel embarrassed, although, I am in miserable pain, and to me having normal periods for years without complications, and then since the traumatic delivery of my son, I started having problems.

Thanks for listening. You all have made my world a brighter place.

Take care,
Alison

Endo, and possible adenomyosis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2000, 05:41 PM

You sound just like i did 2 1/2 weeks ago. I had bad pain in my pelvis area and my Dr said my uterus was as big as a 5 month pregnant woman. I had a MRI done and it said i had Andomyosis. I didn't want to do the Lupron Shots so i opt for a Hyster. I had it 2 weeks today. Last week my pathology report came back and said i didn't have andomyosis. i was so mad at first because i thought i went though all that for nothing. But as some of my sisters heretold me that i didn't make a mistake. I don't have the bad pains anymore that i had. Just the pain from the surgery. So if you get the surgery done and you find out you don't have andomyosis it is ok,you won't seem dumd as long as the problem you have now goes away. Good Luck if you have any questions feel free to write me. Reenie626@aol.com
Unread 11-17-2000, 06:10 PM

You poor thing! They did the two ultrasound thing on me and said all I had was five fibroids and two were "large" Well I had a fibroid farm! I had them all over inside and outside, that felt like a cobblestone too! If they had found nothing would I do it again? You bet!! Just getting the bleeding to stop was worth it. Towards the end I did not have a day that I did not have to have a pad on, because I will bleed sometime. Take care of the problem now and then you can get better and enjoy your lovely family.

Hugs!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register