Pre-op over with | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op over with Pre-op over with

Unread 09-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Pre-op over with

Hi All,
Well, had my pre-op appt with the Dr last night. All's well, now it's just a case of waiting until the 17th. My DH is now a little more understanding after speaking with the Dr. He wants me to be as comfy as possible after the op. He's arranged a lady to come in weekly and clean the house. Yippee!! DH does all the cooking anyway, so no need to worry about that. Mum is staying with me for 2 weeks once I get home. and now I just need to arrange with work to get the extra time off work, as the dr isn't allowing me back to work til at least the 10th November!!!! (And here I was, thinking that I'd be back at work by around mid October....Silly me!!!) Still worried, but I know I'm in the right hands and that I'll be looked after.
All the best to everyone.
Meg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Pre-op over with

My pre-op was quick and plain. I was sort of thrown off at how "routine" I was treated, guess I feel that there should be a higher sensitivity to the surgery from hospital and doctor staff. At this point they are probably just sick of having to operate every year. Maybe they are hopin that this would be the begining of not seeing me as much.
Unread 09-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Pre-op over with

That's great that you're going to have so much help after your surgery. It sure helped me. My parents and sister took turns "babysitting" me for 3 1/2 weeks. They did everything while I took it easy. My doctor told me to rest and walk for the first six weeks, and I took him at his word. That's just about all I did, and I think it really helped me to heal quickly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Pre-op over with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footscray2
Hi All,
Well, had my pre-op appt with the Dr last night. All's well, now it's just a case of waiting until the 17th. My DH is now a little more understanding after speaking with the Dr. He wants me to be as comfy as possible after the op. He's arranged a lady to come in weekly and clean the house. Yippee!! DH does all the cooking anyway, so no need to worry about that. Mum is staying with me for 2 weeks once I get home. and now I just need to arrange with work to get the extra time off work, as the dr isn't allowing me back to work til at least the 10th November!!!! (And here I was, thinking that I'd be back at work by around mid October....Silly me!!!) Still worried, but I know I'm in the right hands and that I'll be looked after.
All the best to everyone.
Meg
Hi Footscray2, I'm in Melbourne also, I am at 10wks post op and think your dr is good for extended leave for your recovery. It sounds like you have it all planned I am on the "other side" and can say I was really scared too, but I was surprised, (in a good way) how my recovery progressed........and is still progressing.

I wish you well for your hospital stay...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register