pre-op 10/7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-04-2004, 05:57 PM
pre-op 10/7

I have a pre-op appt on 10/7...can someone tell me what this entails? Im really scared...im having surgery on 10/13 and all of this has come on so fast....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2004, 06:19 PM
pre-op 10/7

mimi8864 - Can't speak for others, and dont know the reason for your surgery, but my pre-op was basically just meeting with the surgeon in his office and going over the four pages of questions I had relating to the surgery. My surgeon did not do an internal exam, he just had me stand up and because of the size of my fibroids, he could tell what he'd be dealing with by feeling my stomach - plus he had the results of my sonogram with detailed measurements. After meeting with him, I made made the appointment for my surgery and got all the instructions to be followed. Hope this helped you a little! Good luck!
Unread 10-04-2004, 06:26 PM
pre-op 10/7

Thanks Patty

I have two large chocolate cysts on my ovaries....i have had no symptoms until 2 weeks ago..I had to go to the ER with knife like pain...I have no pain now and have not had "usual symptoms" of endometriosis...but these cysts are huge and have to be removed...so a full hysterectomy on 10/13....Im scared....but trying to keep positive....already met with the surgeon and now have to do other pre-op stuff i guess...Just cant wait for this to be over
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2004, 06:36 PM
pre-op 10/7

mimi8864,
I just had my pre-op today and they combined it with all of the work up that the hospital has to do as well. We (me and DH) were in my Doctors office for about 30 min and met with my doctor, signed a couple of consent forms, talked everything over, etc. Then they sent me over to the hospital (right next door) to be "worked up" - blood test, basic physical, short meeting with anesthesiology...so that when I come in for surgery I will have very little paperwork to deal with. I am sure that all hospitals / doctors vary with this some. It made for a long day3 1/2 hours total - but now it is done :0

<><
jenny
11hrs and counting till LAVH
Unread 10-04-2004, 06:44 PM
pre-op 10/7

Good luck Jenny and thanks
Unread 10-04-2004, 06:48 PM
pre-op 10/7

Nothing to worry about.....my pre-op consisted of....Meeting with the doctor to make sure of the procedure, what was to be taken out and why and if I had any questions. Off to hospital for blood work, urine sample, ekg (my hospital requires it for anyone over 45). Medical history was gone over, papers signed, and another once over about what was to happen with nurse in OR. Oh, also what to do or not to do before surgery as far as not eating or drinking, bowel prep, (if your dr. requires it). I met with A-Man morning of surgery and we discussed that procedure. I had spinal/epidural combo. I know that you have prob heard this far too many times, but really the waiting is the hardest part. Everyone is different regarding surgery of any kind. Am certain you will do just fine. Hang in there!
Unread 10-04-2004, 06:52 PM
pre-op 10/7

thanks...im trying hard not to freak out...im just so scared....all of this has happened so fast for me...i havent been in any pain and never had any problems and all of a sudden...hysterectomy....way too quick..but i guess thats a good thing....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register