headache.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-21-2005, 09:11 PM
headache..

hey sisters..For the past two days Ive had a terrible ongoing headache with little relief..anyone have a remedy? Ive taken everything from aleve.which helps some..to asprin, ice packs..steam..you name it..thanks and God Bless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2005, 09:18 PM
headache..

Are you sure it's not a migraine? I get migraines and i take imitrex for them. Also, excedrin seems to work the best for otc. I lay down in a cool, quiet dark room with a cool washcloth over my eyes and a heating pad on my neck and that helps. Something with the combination of the warm and cool seems to help me relax and the headache goes away. Good luck
Unread 08-21-2005, 09:37 PM
headache..

thanks laura..and no im not sure what kind of headache it is..haven't had one like this before..ill try anything thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2005, 10:16 PM
headache..

I used to get bad headaches but my doc at the time said they weren't migraines. Exedrine was the only thing that would knock the edge off of them. Also, a dark room and I like white noise instead of quiet. Since surgery, 9 weeks ago, they have come back but the Exedrine sure helps. Once I started the hrt, I have only had 3 of them so I am thinking they may be hormone related.
Unread 08-22-2005, 01:01 AM
headache..

Headaches can be hard to track down. It's not clear what surgery you had, but it could be that right now your hormones are out of whack. Tension, dehydration, hunger, "kickback" headaches when pain medicine wears off. I'd definitely recommend tylenol, rest, heat/ice if they seem to help (heat on my neck helps to relax those neck nerves that raidiate up into a headache). Caution on any asprin if you're post-op or on chemo. If it persists, of course, phone your doc and you're a step ahead by telling her/him what you've tried.
Unread 08-22-2005, 05:59 AM
headache..

Hi,
I've always had migraines and my first two weeks post-op were miserable with daily headaches, probably due to the hormone stuff. Also narcotic painkillers always make me end up with one.

If OTC meds don't help (and excedrin is the only one that has ever worked for me), ask your doc for a few fiorinal. It's a prescription headache drug that is an absolute lifesaver as far as I'm concerned.

Best wishes for a pain-free day!
~k~
Unread 08-22-2005, 07:51 AM
headache..

I've been having migraines too. I use the exedrin migraine it seems to work pretty good. DR offered imitrex but it can make you feel dopey, and can cause rebound headaches that are worse then the first headache. Most of my headaches come on while I'm at work, they seem to be triggered by bright lights and glare, and there a lot of bright lights and glare in my job. Some of the work stations even have halogen spots. My eye DR, fitted me with anti glare glasses for work and they help a lot. When I start seeing the lightening bolts behind my eyes I quick take the exedrin, and I can usually head off the migraine before it gets too bad.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register