fibroids and high blood pressure | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

fibroids and high blood pressure fibroids and high blood pressure

Unread 08-19-2005, 07:06 PM
fibroids and high blood pressure

I had a tah (kept ovaries) in july for fibroids. My uterus was enlarged and pressing on all of my organs. Before surgery my blood pressure was 140's /80-90 and I was on medication which I don't believe was doing anything. After surgery, my pressure is usually 120's/70's and I am not taking my meds. Not that I am complaining, but why did it go down? Could the uterus have been pressing on something that caused it to be high? If that is not a possibility, then the only explaination is that I am not working for six week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2005, 07:19 PM

Wish I could say the same but my blood pressure didn't go down, although it's well controlled. Yours wasn't all that high to begin with. It could have been high from pain and discomfort. Pain meds and all the other drugs they pumped you with would have made it go down after surgery. Also possible that you're relaxed now that you're not at work. Hopefully yours will stay down but you still need to keep an eye on it.
Unread 08-19-2005, 07:23 PM

Your blood pressure could of been higher because of the blood loss with your period, you could of had some mild or even more severe anemia. Also now that you are not working your stress level is lower maybe?
I have high blood pressure and mine is a little better but not much, i still have to take all my bp meds. I do feel better though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2005, 07:31 PM

I as wondering the same thing. I have had dusty purple feet, and boarderline to high blood pressure for years! Had my hyst 9 days ago and the FIRST thing I noticed (after the pain of course, lol) was that my feet are PINK now!!! Also, my blood pressure is steadily comming down. I love it :-) but am also curious....
Unread 08-19-2005, 07:55 PM

I could literally feel the blood pumping through my body prior to surgery. I refused BP meds until surgery was over with. It is now normal. I firmly believe there was some blood issue with the fibroid - having to pump blood through another mass for example.
Unread 08-19-2005, 11:38 PM

I had huge fibroids, but never high blood pressure. Now that they are gone, I'm having to deal with high blood pressure. In my dr office on Monday, my BP was 170/120. It's never been that high before. Now I'm monitoring it at home three times a day and on BP meds. I've heard of having high BP with fibroids, but what's the deal with high BP sans fibroids?

Patti
Unread 08-20-2005, 04:11 AM

I also have high blood pressure and Raynaud's syndrome. The BP med I am on controls both. I noticed that when I started HRT 4 weeks after my surgery, my blood pressure started getting higher and higher. I had my annual gyn appointment last week and my gyn told me to stop the HRT for 8 weeks to see how I do without hormones. The reason for stopping the HRT was mainly because it made me feel worse than I was feeling without the hormones. Well, lo and behold...my BP came right back down!! So I'm thinking that HRT is not good for my high blood pressure. My gosh, it's difficult trying to regulate these meds, isn't it!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register