Ovariectomy after SAH Hyster 2 yrs later | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ovariectomy after SAH Hyster 2 yrs later Ovariectomy after SAH Hyster 2 yrs later

Unread 10-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Ovariectomy after SAH Hyster 2 yrs later

2 years after a hysterectomy, I just had an ovariectomy. Which means I had a benign tumor the size of a tennis ball removed from my left ovary - and the ovary removed, because they couldn't save it. They also removed a benign tumor the size of a walnut, from my right ovary but left the ovary. Full belly incision, again. Feel like I went through hysterectomy twice. I'm finding this belly incision is like a horse shoe under my skin and left me with an incision that the bottom is flush, and the top of the incision is like an over hang, even more pronounced than the first one. I was never heavy to begin with and always had a flat stomach. When I talked to the dr. before surgery and he saw the indentation of the scar from hysterectomy 2 yrs prior, (different dr.) he said he would use the same incision and do a better job on the outcome., that the incision wouldn't be noticed. I'm 11 days out of surgery. I feel like i have more of a defined pouch, that he states on follow up that it should go away, or is he just saying it to appease me. I'm worried about a belly pouch, worried about right ovary; has anyone else had problems with their ovaries after their SAH?
Hope to hear from you.
Jamie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2008, 08:11 PM

Jamie, I had my ovaries removed the same way. It seems fairly common to have cyst trouble after a hysterectomy. Its been almost 3 years since my BSO and I have still have a little belly pouch, I haven't done much on helping it to go away, but maybe one day I will. I hope that yours goes back to the way you want. I wish you a continous uneventful recovery. Keep us posted.

Carol
Unread 10-12-2008, 08:22 PM

Carol, this belly pouch i dint not have before the operation, now i have a top lip on the incision and i know it is only 11 day old but i cant see how the pulled it so tight and bottom and can have the top hang over and feel they did a good job fixing last scar that had a little indent!!! i was going to have that fix by a dr after two yrs and then wow this happend so dr told me could fix it and i think he made it worse, so upset is a small word and i have right ovary left and i pray it will behave!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register