new here and ready to lose weight - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > Twenty Pound Club

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new here and ready to lose weight new here and ready to lose weight

Unread 10-12-2008, 07:14 PM
new here and ready to lose weight

Well, count me in. I'm 56 and had TAH/BSO July 10. I have been dieting since and have lost almost 20 pounds but still need to drop 25 more. I have cut my eating in half and stick to a 1200 calorie diet. Very bad about activity, I work a high stress job and when I get home I make excuses why I can't walk or get on the treadmill. Dr advised no cario until I see him in November, planning on getting a trainer and joining the gym, but need to be pushed into getting there.

I'd love to get involved with a group to support and encourage each other.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2008, 07:29 PM

welcome everyone...

I wasnt very good at dinner tonight.. I ate ice cream.. lol.. but there isnt any more left so.. I am not buying more.

here is a tip for you..
if you cant run. walk if you have a treadmill walk but set it at an incline. you can burn just as many calories walking on an incline.
also when watching tv during commercials get up and do something. walk around, up and down your stairs at home if you have them. just be active. a little bit goes a long way.
try cutting out simple sugars, think like a diabetic. my mil had her hysterectomy when she was 29 (she is 67 now) but she has lost a ton of weight like that. she has been on premarin since her surgery. but no cheese, white breads..
lots of fruit, veges and lean meats.. dont forget water water water.
Unread 10-13-2008, 08:06 AM
Talking - new here and ready to lose weight Healty choices

Hi Everyone:
I am about to go off to work this morning and I thought I would pop in and see if there was anything new. I have packed my salad for lunch and a pear. I have also packed my water.........
tavisgam. We have quite a group here...
The biggest loser gal says to get up and do some jumping jacks during commercials. Every little bit helps. Have a great day ladies! Let's all make healthy choices today.

D'anne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2008, 08:24 AM

Hi Can I join too???
I had my TAH/BSO on 9/23. I need motivation as well. I actually have a gym membership but haven't used it in a couple of months because I was always in pain. (endo) I do walk to the corner and would love to go to the gym and walk on the treadmill, but girls at Dr. office said it was too soon. They want me to wait until at least 6 weeks. I don't know if I can wait that long. I need to lose at least 20 lbs. I belonged to LA Weightloss and still have the booklet I was using with foods and stuff so I think I wll dig it up again.
It is so easy to grab a bag of Doritos and just start munching. Especially when your bored. (Just did that yesterday) Then feel guilty afterwards (did that too) I know what I must do/eat it's just feeling like doing it.
I thought that I would be able to get into my before surgery clothes, but not at this point. I just keep reminding myself that it's only been 3weeks and this too will take time. OK I'm rambling now sorry!! I would love to be supportive and join your group and share.

hugs to get through the day
Unread 10-13-2008, 08:53 AM
Talking - new here and ready to lose weight Ready to get healthy

Hi ladies,
One more member please? I am 37 and had my TAH 9/24 I am as of date 5'5 and 170 lbs (YUCK) I have been up and down with my weight since I was a teenager, lost 40 lbs 4 years ago but put it back on after I lost my Momma 2/14/06 she was only 56 and her death to the worst emotional toll on me, I am now seeking therepy to help me greive in a more healthy way.
I was also just diagnosed with PCOS my Dr thinks that once I start meds for that my weight will stabalize, according to her, since both parents and lil bro are very thin, she thinks my weight issues are caused from the PCOS, well that would be nice, but I still need to exersise, and having such a wonderful online suport group like this will really motivate me, as of now I am having complications from op, but I can do more than poor pity me on the couch. THANKYOU for this great post, it has really motivated me to do something! I look forward to losing weight with you wonderful sisters. Hugs and prayers to all
Unread 10-13-2008, 03:10 PM

Ok, this is great!! we have D'anne, newbie08, dianalynn3371, katkat77,tavsgram, rana3545 and me, spottiedottie.

WOW!!! this is a good group. We should be able to help each other.

I went to the doc today for some menopausal hormonal issues after my BSO and as far as exercising goes, I was told right now to just walk on the treadmill and not use machines at the Curves I just joined. I need to wait about 2 or 3 more weeks for that. So, off to the treadmill I will be going.

As for the diet, aghhhhhhh, today I was in a hurry and had a McDonalds homestyle burger and fries with a DIET COKE, of course! LOL! I really have a give a **** attitude that I need to get over. I just can't get motivated to put forth the effort to diet. Any suggestions for me???
Unread 10-13-2008, 06:00 PM

Were a fine bunch of ladies aren't we! Ok ladies I just bit the bullet and got on the scale........ 164
How did that happen...... I wrote it on my calender so now I can watch my progress. That McDonald hamburger sure sounds better than the yucky old salad I had. I got my rear end up at work today and
walked a lttle more today. I have a bathroom in my office but I choose to walk all the way down the hall to go instead. Well I think that counts for steps right? I have a pedometer I am going to start putting on. I don't know how accurate it is but it is better than nothing, it will show my progress. I am going to walk the dog tonight poor thing is getting fat now too because we haven't been walking him. Tomarrow I am going to get up and go for a walk at lunch instead of sit in the break room.. Have a good one ladies talk with you tomorrow!
Welcome to us all!

D'anne
Unread 10-13-2008, 06:28 PM

Well I go to the Doc tomorrow, so of course I have this I will start my diet tomorrow lol,I to had mickey D's today, and as I am reading this eating chocolate ice cream, but I did only have the suggested serving size. Gonna go to grocery store after Doc I have made a list of healthy foods to buy. NO JUNK!!!! Hugs to all and this is gonna be fun

Good Luck all,
Unread 10-13-2008, 07:26 PM

today I walked up and down my stairs but not a lot.. feeling a little sick to my stomach. but that keeps ya from eating unhealthy food.
stick to it girls, you can do this.

suggestion for the mickey d's burger.. start by gettting a grilled chicken sandwich with no sauce on it. (no fries) a grilled ck sandwich from wendys, mcdonalds, and bk have about 350 calories and 7 grams of fat.. by far less than a burger.
Unread 10-13-2008, 09:35 PM

Hello all, glad to see so many in the same boat.
Just read an article that says never eat fruit with a meal but wait at least 1/2 hour after, something about how the sugar breaks down. I eat fruit for morning and afternoon snack so it was good to get some insight on which fruits are better and how the sugar impacts abiliy to burn calories. I think I'm doing good eating but need to excercise because I am stuck and have not lost anything in over a week. Must walk, must walk.

Tommorow is a new day and another chance to get it right.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register