CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating! CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating!

Unread 01-05-2009, 02:15 PM
CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating!

This contest will run until Jan 15, 11:59:59 pm CST). The TWO winners will be announced within a few days of the Contest expiration and notified on this thread and via HysterSisters.com private message.

The prize: EndoFemm® - Pink or Purple (see details by clicking here )

The EndoFEMM™ Pad is designed specifically for women & girls who suffer from chronic pelvic pain from Adhesions, Endometriosis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Menstrual Cramps, and Vulvodynia. With seven compartmentalized sections and "kick stand" bottom, the EndoFEMM™ Pad will become a favorite for relieving pelvic pain. Customers rave about the pad's shape, softness, and heat retention. This product comes with adjustable straps. Plain and simple -- the EndoFEMM™ is superior!

Care Instructions:

To Heat: Place pad on clean microwave surface; average heating time, 2 minutes 30 seconds, temperatures vary. Use caution when removing pad from microwave. For optimal heat results, place pad on the microwave carousel.

To Cool: Place pad in freezer overnight.

To Clean/Revitalize: Wash pad in gentle cycle, cold water; tumble dry low to experience the moist heat effect again.

How to enter contest:

Reply to this thread telling us - How you will remember the year of 2008?

Two Winners Selected:
The two winners will be selected using randomizer.org based on the post #number of the reply.

Yes, you may reply more than once BUT each reply must be a separate 2008 memory.

And because my attorney requires the rules: This contest is void where prohibited by law. Your chance to win is based on the number of participating member's replies.

Okie, let's get started!

Reply to this thread telling us how you will remember the year 2008?

NOTE: Replies that do not follow contest rules will be removed. In other words, please reply only with your response to our contest prompt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2009, 02:16 PM
CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating!

I'll remember the year 2008 because it was the year my son got engaged and our Christmas was full of fun, laughter and added memories of the upcoming wedding.
Unread 01-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Wink - CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating! My 2008!

My 2008 will be remembered as the year I finally had my total hyst and became "mostly" pain-free after 10 years of dealing with endometriosis. After years of having a 10 on the scale and now sometimes a 2 I consider it a success but it was also a bitter-sweet year!

It was also the year that I sold my first photograph which was very exciting

Wishing all a very happy & healthy new year!

Penelope
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2009, 03:12 PM

I will remember 2008 as the year I took control of my life again. I spent 20 years, especially the last 10 allowing my endometriosis control me. I still have some pain, but it is so miminal compared to how I suffered before. I sleep through the night again! What a gift that has been! I wouldn't change last year for anything! I am finally going to graduate with my Bachelors in May after a long road to get there. I intend on continuing my studies by attending medical school or pharmacy school. I know that life can only get better from here! 2009 here I come!!
Unread 01-05-2009, 03:39 PM
My 2008

Unfortunately I will remember 2008 by my surgeries. First ovary then right back in a month later for a hyster!
Between that and house repair problems, I'm really looking forward to 2009!
2008 is also when I found hystersisters! Taht was a good thing.
Unread 01-05-2009, 03:48 PM

There are moments of 2008 that I hope are so deeply carved into my memory that they will never be wiped away by time, and others I wish would quit hauting my thoughts when I close my eyes. My mother died in the hospital in July with her husband and children wby her side, exactly six weeks to the very day that she was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer. I would give everything I have to get just one more minute of that six weeks back.
Six weeks after what would have been my mothers 71st birthday, I had an abdominal hysterectomy and was told to take a full six weeks off. There are many moments of the six weeks I would really like to forget. Tomorrow, I go in for my six week post op appointment. Six weeks can disappear in the blink of an eye, or tick slowly away by the second and seem to encompass an eternity. I will remember 2008 as a year I held my mother while she cried, a year I held my mothers mother (age 96) while she cried and the year when I learned how to cry. It will be remembered as the year my life changed...alot,
Unread 01-05-2009, 04:26 PM

There are many reasons why I will remember 2008. I learned so many lessons and I saw the awesome power of answered prayer. 2008 was the year I watched a dear friend be treated for breast cancer and then lose her home and everything inside, all in the same month. It was the year I was diagnosed with a terrible disease and then by God's grace, was treated to a hysterectomy, thereby eliminating the excruciating pain I'd been feeling.

Here are some other lessons I learned this past year...
One should never push a grocery cart after major surgery.
Even the best intentions can be misinterpreted or unappreciated.
Running up the stairs at top speed will result in bodily injury.
Going outside can be a very simple solution to almost anything.
I can blame a lot of stuff on surgical menopause. About half of it is true and not everyone will believe the parts that are.
When the car makes a funny noise, it probably needs oil.
Never, ever ask a man to do a woman's job.
Sometimes a really good doctor is just worth the wait.
I am much stronger than I give myself credit for.
Human kindness can be confusing, hateful, judgemental, and beautiful all at the same time.

The best thing about 2008 was finding other sisters who have walked in my shoes and have carried the burdens I've carried. We understand each other in ways others don't and can offer sound, helpful advice based on experience. It's been a painful, exhausting, and miserable ride. I absolutely would not trade a single second of it.
Unread 01-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Talking - CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating! the last one ................ WOOO HOOOOOO

I will remember 2008 by having my last period for the rest of my life

Im scheduled Jan 14 my surgery and cant wait! im sick of being sick

sisterrose
Unread 01-05-2009, 04:32 PM

I will remeber 2008 as my first happy and pain free year in over 15 years. After so many years of suffering with endometriosis, I finally found someone to listen and realize I am NOT crazy!! I have been blessed to have the most wonderful man in my life that has stood by me through this all. I will never take for granted him or the relief I feel today.
Unread 01-05-2009, 05:38 PM

I will remember 2008 as the year I got a new family of "sisters"! The stress of being told I had to have a total hysterectomy at the age of 42 and never have a child was traumatic as I waited so I could have a career and would never be a mother. The support I received from this site was INVALUABLE!! I still email some of the "sisters" I met before and after my surgery! God Bless you ALL and I have a new outlook on 2009!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register