nurses goodies-silly question? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

nurses goodies-silly question? nurses goodies-silly question?

Unread 07-08-2007, 04:20 AM
nurses goodies-silly question?

Thanks so much everyone for the wonderful Ideas. Really appreciated. It seems to be what I have decided to fixate on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2007, 06:36 AM

Oh I don't think it is necessary to receive good care either. But some folks just like to do it. And I did it after I received the care.
Unread 07-08-2007, 09:15 AM

I took chocolates. The night after my surgery, I told the aide who came in there were treats in my bag for the staff and help herself to a couple. She took the whole bag! I asked one nurse if the treats ever made it to the station and all she said was she wasn't sure. Never saw that aide again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2007, 09:18 AM

Hello,

I had candy in the room....and on the day of discharge...my sis brought in some bakery fresh muffins....I went from waiting 1 1/2 hours for pain med to getting it immediately....sometimes the nurses need some reminding we're human!

It doesn't hurt to be appreciative...especially when they are the ones with the pain meds! Got me discharged pretty quickly too...they were a little more "aware"!

good luck and keep us posted!
Unread 07-08-2007, 09:35 AM

I told my husband that I will probably will want him to stop at the candy store and buy a really nice gift for the nurses. Nurses do work really hard and will be the primary caregivers during my stay at the palace.

I did intend to take care of making this purchase myself but unfortunately I was told to stay put and keep my feet up - long story, won't bore you, but got a visit from Aunt Flo despite some intervention and I can't afford to loose iron from the blood loss.

After I recover, I also intend to buy a gift for the nurses at the hematologist's office. They were so great.
Unread 08-04-2007, 12:02 AM
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwilliams
Hi, i left my in my room. That way if they wanted a piece they would come in and ask you if you needed anything. It works to your advantage Also, I sent my dr a harry & david gift basket prior to surgery, never hurts to bribe the dr. Good luck on Monday! I am 9 weeks post op on Monday and finally going back to work. Happy Dr gave me 9 weeks off..yippeee!

I would like to thank you for letting me know about this
gift idea for the nurses and doctors. I have a very good doctor and a very good nurse and I have been wondering if it was appropiate for a patient to give any gifts to the nurse and doctor.

Thank you very much for your answer,

e2m1ma1em1
Unread 08-04-2007, 11:04 PM

Your welcome. I just had my 3 mos check up this last Wed. and I took in her favorite candy from the gift basket. She appreciated it a bunch. From her reaction, I don't think she receives much recognition but a good dr. is hard to find. Take care!
Unread 08-05-2007, 12:21 PM

I just got home today - YEA!! I took in a little tin bucket with me and wrote "Nurses Rock" all over it with red and blue sharpie markers. Then I filled it with Hershey's miniature candy bars. I kept it in my room but moved it out to the Nurse's station when I left this morning. They all definitely got a chuckle out of it and it made an impression. My care was outstanding!!! My mom also brought in choc chip cookies the first night that my surgeon (who is also HER doc) particularly enjoyed the next morning. Hey, you get more flies with sugar than vinegar, right????
Unread 08-05-2007, 12:52 PM

I brought in a paperplate and filled it with wrapped Dove minis and these new hershey's stix mint flavored, told each group of nurses they are for them, they are disapperaring and I have had great care/ don't know if they made any difference as I have heard many wonderful things about the care at this hospital, but I cannot complain!!!
Unread 08-05-2007, 01:10 PM

My mom has already gotten a little basket and some hersey kisses and peppermints to place by my bedside. We are going to fill it up again before I leave and leave it for the nurses.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register