Surgery is Sept 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery is Sept 16 Surgery is Sept 16

Unread 08-29-2013, 09:10 PM
Surgery is Sept 16

My surgery date was moved up to Sept 16 because I am in so much pain. I honestly do not know how I will make it another week. I have chronic Interstitial Cystitis that keeps me home and disabled. I also have urinary retention. Since the fibroids entered my life a year ago, the pressure is so severe that I am only peeing a teaspoon and cannot leave the house without a foley catheter and urinal bag. I avoid going out at all costs and have been doing all my shopping online.

A little about me first. I am 45 with 4 children (2 are grown and moved out). Anyway, I have endometriosis, several uterine fibriods and PCOS. I also have severe pelvic adhesion disease from multiple surgeries/c-sections. Because of the severe adhesions, my uterus is fused to my bladder as one. Doctor thinks he will need to cut me open abdominally.

My pre-op is not until Sept 12th. Am curious to know what can I expect?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2013, 09:26 PM
Re: Surgery is Sept 16

Oh wow. We share surgery dates. Hugs because I have opted for surgery was
PlanNing on putting it off but my dr warned meI ccould end up with the very things you are facing now! I already retain some urine just makes me go more I feel for you I am so glad I can go at all because I experienced complete retention three times while pregnant and I have also had inability to have a bm...spasms from Colo n due to ischemic colitis neither feeling is a very good feeling. Hope the days pass beforeyour ssurgery with as minimal pain as possible. ..the pressure in there does not help things I am glad my dr talked me into moving my date up to the 16th because I am having a hard time sitting and have painful bladder spasms. I was told all of this can be related to the uterus by my dr
Unread 08-29-2013, 09:45 PM

Yes, we are sisters for sure!!! I'm glad you kept that date as well. My original date was November 4th. I called the nurse today and told her there is NO WAY I can make it that long. I am pain medication and still feeling the pain. Yes, lets definitely keep in touch!! Thank you for letting me know about all those things your doctor mentioned. It helps validate that "this isn't all in my head"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2013, 05:50 AM

Omg definitely not. The way he explained it the uterus is so far back. Mine is what you call retroflexed and retroverted "malpositioned" and retrocessed...somehow it folded in on it self and is even more far back than before. ...not tobe tmi but every little bit helps...I chart my cycle and certain times I used to easily feel the cervix. .I have second degree prolapse AND rectecele on top of the enlarged crazy uterus and I would easily find cervix well now I can't I literally have to reach low and towards the bum area getting a vag ultrasound was difficult. It just seems to be migrating farther away so if she wants to leave lol I am letting her go because it is putting a kink in the colon. Also dr said it acts as a piston on the bladder and believe it or not bladder is in same place as it should be but the result of all that pulling is pressure spasms and pain increased urgency and always urinating! From experiencing inability to go I would rather take the chance and be leaking. ! I hope I am not but dr plans to do posterier repairs on me and check the anterior. My only child wasn't even
A vavaginal birth. C section.
Unread 08-30-2013, 07:42 AM

Wow. I am the same as you. Mine is also rretroverted "malpositioned" and retrocessed....its so far up doctors have a hard time doing a pap smear on me!! I hear ya on the leaking part. Me too. I'm already counting the days. From this Tuesday we'll have exactly two weeks. Yayy!
Unread 08-30-2013, 09:16 AM

I truly hope and pray that we feel better than ever after we heal. Idk about you but I have had a LOT of surgeries lol ready for #10 to be done if at all possible lol wel 11 if you count wisdom teeth removal but I never did. Vast majority have been female surgeries. Sick of it! Im 32.had thought I could wait closer to 35 to do this or even 40 but quality of life is more important plus not to mention the risks amd toll on my other health issues...so yea I am ready too!
Unread 08-30-2013, 10:05 AM

Doc could not do a pap on me before due cervical stenosis. So before my davinci he did a hysteroscopy and a quick pathology. If there was cancer i would have had my surgery cancelled and have had to see an endo surgeon instead. But it was all clear. So after almost 5 hours of surgery, due to severe adhesions and enlarged uterus, and fibroids, I had a successful davinci hyst. I had very little pain after, just soreness. My incisions were covered with bandaids and healed in a week. I had many of the same issues most of us had after, like constipation and headaches. Now i feel like nothing ever happened. Just some fatigue. I felt better getting rolled into my room than I did before surgery. My doc is very skilled. I am glad i had this non invasive method because it helps reduce the incidence of further adhesions. I really had no idea what was going on beforehand. Only reading here i see how much i have in common with others. I realize now how lucky i am and am so thankful that i was able to get help. Its like waking up from a scary nightmare! I hope and wish the same for all of you, so you can have a new lease on life. Best wishes!
Unread 08-30-2013, 12:08 PM

Dejahthoris78...that is good to know. Thank you so much for that information. Because I was worried about the whole adhesion thing too. But I feel better now after reading your story. The doctor that is doing my surgery does do the divinci as well.

decadv...yes!! I can relate. I'm 45, but some days I feel like I'm much older.
Unread 09-11-2013, 12:48 PM

Yay ladies we are exactly five days away I'm on a roller coaster. One min I'm happy next anxious sad scared that I won't get the surgery etc you guys have no ideal how addicted to hyster sisters I could be at work and sit want to get on hyster sister plus I've been searching this website like crazy looking for other sisters that share my surgery date so happy that I found this post yay us hyster sister screech "lalalalalala!"lol I sorry guys guess my anxiety meds are kicking in love you guys# five days and counting to be coming the new us
Unread 09-11-2013, 01:35 PM

Yayyy I am so glad that they moved up your surgery date you need it! Im still on for mine soooo excited. Lol. Even tho I have thisnasty respiratory issue with gross productive cough but lungs must be ok...all doc said was my lil heart was beating super fast so I Must be very nervous. Got all of my fears eased and also asked because I am due to start my period right around same time...and loved my dr answer lol he said its no problem ....we are vampires its kind of our business lol so....other
Than the God awawful pain of about to start hopefully fingers crossed august just may have been my last period ever!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register