2 more days to go and nerves have set it. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 more days to go and nerves have set it. 2 more days to go and nerves have set it.

Unread 10-21-2013, 08:31 AM
2 more days to go and nerves have set it.

I am getting more and more anxious. Terrified may be more like it. I am trying to keep busy, preparing my house for my husbands take over. Tomorrow starts my surgery prep at home ( not looking forward to that at ALL) So today is my last day to just be...me. How is this all going to go? How am I going to feel? How will I adjust to HRT? How is this going to affect me, my kids and my husband? My sex drive? Will something go wrong? Why am I being so irrational and scared? Am I alone in these worries?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2013, 08:43 AM
Re: 2 more days to go and nerves have set it.

I was exactly the same. My husband was not at all supportive (to the degree that he did not even realise I had had a hysterectomy until about 3 weeks into my recovery- don't quite know what he thought I was doing in hospital.... Holiday????) anyway, what helped me was to write down and confront all my fears. I found that by actually writing them down and facing them it took away some of their hold over me. If you did this you could then share it with your husband/close friend too. If it would be helpful to read what I wrote just let me know and I'll send you a copy.
Unread 10-21-2013, 09:15 AM

My surgery is the 23rd too and I know exactly how your feeling. I am a nervous wreck and I have so much to do, I feel overwhelmed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piano Pam View Post
I was exactly the same. My husband was not at all supportive (to the degree that he did not even realise I had had a hysterectomy until about 3 weeks into my recovery- don't quite know what he thought I was doing in hospital.... Holiday????) anyway, what helped me was to write down and confront all my fears. I found that by actually writing them down and facing them it took away some of their hold over me. If you did this you could then share it with your husband/close friend too. If it would be helpful to read what I wrote just let me know and I'll send you a copy.
Very good idea!! Thank you!
Unread 10-21-2013, 02:33 PM

You are not alone, I am feeling the same way! My surgery is scheduled for November 11th and I'm terrified. I'm scared of the pain and have this fear of not waking up from surgery. How will my sex life be etc. etc. It is comforting to know I'm not crazy for being so nervous and other women are experiencing the same anxiety.
Unread 10-21-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by younghyster01 View Post
I am getting more and more anxious. Terrified may be more like it. I am trying to keep busy, preparing my house for my husbands take over. Tomorrow starts my surgery prep at home ( not looking forward to that at ALL) So today is my last day to just be...me. How is this all going to go? How am I going to feel? How will I adjust to HRT? How is this going to affect me, my kids and my husband? My sex drive? Will something go wrong? Why am I being so irrational and scared? Am I alone in these worries?
very very normal to be anxious before having the surgery. my advice to you is to make sure. you have weighed out all your options before deciding to remove you're reproductive organ. if you find that there is no other way to deal with your disorder or diagnosis then to go ahead with the hysterectomy. do what's best for your body for your health. every woman is different. but you are definitely at the right place this website is a blessing. use it and use it often. we are all here for you :-) happy healing
Unread 10-21-2013, 06:59 PM

Hi Sisters,

I remember having some of the feelings you are having. I had my hysterectomy in December of 2010. I came through it fine and I recovered (sex life is fine too). I was thinking about you today and how afraid you must be. Hang in there. One day, all of these acronyms will be a distant memory.
Unread 10-21-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by younghyster01 View Post
I have repeated most of those same questions. My day is Wednesday too. What time is your procedure. Mine is 1pm CST, but I have to be there at 10:30 a.m. CST. I will keep you in my thoughts.
Unread 10-21-2013, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasuna81 View Post
I have repeated most of those same questions. My day is Wednesday too. What time is your procedure. Mine is 1pm CST, but I have to be there at 10:30 a.m. CST. I will keep you in my thoughts.
Mine is at 9, although I have to be there at 6:30. It's after midnight right now so I guess that means surgery is tomorrow :/. Prayers are appreciated.
Unread 10-21-2013, 11:30 PM

I have 3 children. My youngest is a 6 month old.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register