Scheduled TAH 1 week before surgery and ready! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 week before surgery and ready! 1 week before surgery and ready!

Unread 08-12-2010, 09:10 PM
1 week before surgery and ready!

This Month has been a just a tornado of planning and appts and now its come to the last week before the surgery! I have my Pre Op Appt with the doctor and Pre Op Admissions Testing on Tues and Wed the coming week! So So So ready for my new journey to begin!

TAH-08/23/2010 So ready!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2010, 12:34 AM
Re: 1 week before surgery and ready!

Keep that positive thinking going! Having a good attitude going into this will help you heal in my humble opinion. Good luck!
Unread 08-13-2010, 01:42 AM

I so agree with TAZED keep that positive thinking happening, Im 10 weeks post op and just returned to work.
Keep us posted how you go
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2010, 01:57 AM

Good Luck with your procedure! I was a mess first surgery and everything went well. Mine was on 8/3 home on 8/7 TAH with huge fibroid size of a cauliflower head! and BRCA1 positive. Last thing I remember was them asking "do you want salt on your margarita".....then woke up in recovery. Once they got the pain meds in order and I was allowed to rest everything was fine. I had cut from belly button down with staples. My advise is to tell people to let you rest while in the hospital, let them tell you how to get out of bed and do it on your own asap so you can be self sufficient. I was not able to eat until 4 days after surgery (meds they said because I am a foodie!) Walk as much as you possibly can - gas did not come out until 4th day. I am a planner and want everything in order. The only thing that I brought that was essential was plain chap stick (with oxygen they won't let you use anything else) and comfortable slip on outdoor walking shoes to walk the hospital halls (gross to use socks they give you walk and get back into bed) I wore two hospital gowns front and back for walking. And if you use special shampoo. I wore the same flowing dress home that I wore to the hospital and purchased extra large cotton underpants - great for healing after. Bring a pillow from home for the ride home under the seat belt. I cant believe its been only 10 days since surgery and staples came out wed (I was nervous about that I had 18 and they came out with not pain and in seconds) and I am moving around just fine. So best of luck!
Unread 08-13-2010, 06:34 PM

Thanks for the post I will keep everyone in my prayers so please pray that everything goes to Gods plan! I will keep yall posted!

God bless !

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register