Is a week or two realistic???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is a week or two realistic???? Is a week or two realistic????

Unread 02-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Is a week or two realistic????

Since I am having a TVH my doctor had thought maybe a 2 week recovery time frame. Hearing that, I say one week and I'll be back to work. I consider myself to have a high tolerance to pain and really am not the best at taking it easy! Am I being very unrealistic to think that I could be back to work by Monday if my surgery is done on Wednesday? I have a desk job so there is no physical activities involved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Re: Is a week or two realistic????

I had a DvH and there was no way I could return to work that soon. Now after saying that, I would also say some people have returned to work that soon. I know that I really needed the 2 1/2 weeks to recuperate before I could even think of returning to work. I think you will have to play it by ear and see how you are doing. Best of luck and wishes for a speedy recovery.
Unread 02-28-2010, 06:31 PM

I had a TVH with rectocele repairs on 1-29-10 and went back to work on 2-10-10. I too consider myself to have a very high pain tolerance and to be honest, staying at home was driving me nuts!!!

The only thing that bothered me was that I was tired by the time I got home so I pretty much went to work, came home and got on the couch. Famiy took care of everything at home...laundry, cooking, shopping. I still have some cramping occasionally and still have a discharge but have managed very well. I teach school so I am up and moving all day long.

Hope this helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2010, 07:04 PM

You may want to have that extra week as a cushion. I had a LSH on Jan 28th and am going back to work tomorrow. However, there were some things that happened during and after my surgery that were unexpected. If I had not had a family emergency I think 2 1/2 weeks to 3 would have been enough but you can overdo and set yourself back (and then your doc may not release you for normal activities). No matter what, this is a major surgery. Have you talked to your doctor about when to go back to work? Is there any way you can work from home?
Unread 02-28-2010, 07:28 PM

I had a da Vinci VH on 1/26. I also have a desk job. I went back to work on 2/16 but I worked from home the entire first week. I went back to the office last week but will be working from home all next week. I would rather have taken the additional time off (I came off disability because we had a previously-planned move).
Unread 02-28-2010, 07:46 PM

I had a TVH, BSO, AP Repair and TOT sling on 01/12/10 and was told I needed to take 6 weeks off. I have a desk job and took the entire 6 weeks. I honestly can't imagine going back at just 2 weeks, and I have a high tolerance for pain. At 2 weeks I felt wonderful. At 3 weeks I felt like someone had run me into a door. At 5 weeks I started to feel normal again. Everyone is different, but I wouldn't push it if you have the time off coming. You don't want to overdo it. Your body will let you know it, and you could have complications. Please be careful.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register