Pre-surgery gift to myself | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-surgery gift to myself Pre-surgery gift to myself

Unread 02-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Pre-surgery gift to myself

Yesterday I bought all brand new bedding.

Because I know I will be a good princess and deserve a treat, I went out and bought an 8-piece set, complete with a dust ruffle.

We haven't had new bedding in almost 10 years (when we got married), and it was all for a queen size bed. We have had a king bed for 5 years and although we use king size sheets and pillow cases, we were still getting by with a queen comforter.

No more! Now I have the right size bedding in a gorgeous design and luxurious feel to recover in!

And a few days ago I bought 3 nightgowns totalling less than $25. They're soft, cozy, and long sleeved.

A princess deserves to be warm and comfortable, surrounded by brand new bedding, doesn't she?

What things have you done/prepared/or bought for yourself as a treat for being a good princess?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2005, 10:00 AM

Hi arizona77,

I just wanted to say "Good for You!"

You will enjoy your new bedding a lot in the next couple of weeks. Also, I loved wearing nightgowns vs. pj's--the nothing around the waist felt great!

Best of luck!
Unread 02-11-2005, 10:08 AM

I also purchased new bedding and PJ's. I'm thinking of bringing the PJ's back because they are pants. I never thought about the tummy. What I would like to know is if I should buy panties with support or just the soft cotton kind. I had 2 c-sections and I found the panties w/ support were great. I didn't feel like my insides were going to pop out LOL. My Hyst is a TVH, any sugestions? DH is willing to buy me just about anything I'd like or think I need.

Thank you ladies!
Kelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2005, 10:32 AM

Good for you!

I definitely think if you can afford it that buying new things for yourself and your recovery room really helps you psychologically for some reason.

I bought

A new track suit and tennis shoes to go to the hospital in.

A long sleeve hyster sister t shirt and blue pajama bottoms with bumble bees on them from Old Navy to wear when I walked the hospital halls. (I was STYLIN'!! LOL)

Various Other nightgowns/pajamas/sweats to wear around the house when I got home.

New slippers

New flannel sheets and comforter in whimsical design for recovery bed.

New flowery overnight bag for hospital and new little zipper bags for toiletries.

It was a lot of fun going out and buying all those things and it was fun using them too!

Good luck to you!

--QB
Unread 02-11-2005, 11:27 AM

We all definitely need to pamper ourselves. I bought new sweat pants, granny panties, socks (all of my socks had holes in them) and 6 nice romance novels. I love to read and I am sure that tv watching will get boring after a awhile. My house is almost clean (I've cleaned out cabinets, washed curtains, started stocking pantry, etc.) and I am just waiting for 3/8/2005 to come. Hope all goes well with everyone! Lainie (Thanks again for all of your support and suggestions to my postings. )
Unread 02-11-2005, 11:41 AM

Okay here goes!
Bought a bed which we desperately needed anyway, but also so that DH has a comfy place to sleep himself when he gets evicted from the princess recovery place.
Bought a chair & a lamp for the bedroom.
Tummy pillows.
A pair of slide in shoes.
My sister got me stretchy pants & slip proof slippers.
LOTS of chocolate.
Cereal that I loved when I was a kid.
PJ's
High waisted underwear 1-2 sizes too big.
Lip balm.
Tons of soup.
And I don't think that's all... And there's certainly more to come as there is no Gas-X in the house yet...
Fro-yo
Unread 02-11-2005, 12:11 PM

My new bedroom set should be deliverd today, when I first saw it years ago I loved it, but it cost too much. I did find a great price on it and got it. Can't wait, it'll good so good with our log bed.
Unread 02-11-2005, 12:22 PM

I bought new pj's (tinkerbell ones of course), slippers, a nice comfy robe, and couple good romance novels to read. My loving boyfriend took me to the Build-a-Bear workshop and got me a teddy bear with pj's on that say "Princess" on them and the bear says "I love you!". It's adorable. I also had lots of lip balm and lotion on hand too. It's very handy to have around.

Tink
Unread 02-11-2005, 01:43 PM

So far I've just gotten some new jammies and a couple of guys xxlarge t-shirts to bum around in, undies and slippers. Going to get online this weekend and order some of my favorite movies on DVD so I can watch them over and over. And go to the used book store down the street and pick up a few trashy novels. Once I'm home and getting ready for surgery. I'm sure I'll find a few things while out running errands that I won't be able to recuperate without!
Hugs to everyone!
Jen
Unread 02-11-2005, 02:12 PM

Me Too!! I bought all new bedding and bathroom stuff. I rearranged my rrom to my liking as well. I even set up the tv to be in easy view for me and a remote holder on the side of the bed so I won't have to look for it. I finally have a real gown up room. I did this with my recovery in mind to make my space more comfy, now if I could just keep my kids out, they like it too.
Danikimm

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register