home from castle | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

home from castle home from castle

Unread 05-25-2006, 10:16 AM
home from castle

Got home yesterday late afternnoon. Still in some belly pain, staples hurt and burn. But doing okay..better than being in the hospital.

I am really disgusted with my DH. I had tried to educate him about the recovery beforehand, but evidently it didn't sink in. Last night (less than hours home from the hospital) I asked him to help me off the chair and to the restroom. He not very gallantly walked over and handed me one hand, all the while not taking his eyes off the tv. I asked him to HELP me to get to a standing position and then asked for him to let me hold his arm down the hall. He walked me partway to the bathroom and said "The best way for you to get back to normal is to start doing things for your self." then turned and walked away, leaving me there to get on/off the toilet alone. Well...I don't have to tell any of you how painful that was, and how it stretched my guts....

Then later, I swallowed a drink of tea the wrong way and tried not to cough. I coughed once and that was it..I was in tears. I think THEN he finally got a small clue as to how I am feeling. He is an insensative jerk and I am not speaking to him right now.

Thank you all for listening to me and for being here for me. Without you, and my Mom, I would be alone.

I still am too achy to sit here long so I will close for now. Hope you all have a great day. I will check back in as I feel better. 's to y'all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2006, 12:31 PM
home from castle

Welcome home princess. Hope you are feeling better soon. Take it easy and heal. With the DHs, I chalk it up to us being so strong and independent most of time that they are lost, can't begin to comprehend that we are (the stronger sex, just kidding)are regular people too, not superwomen. Make sure you let him know how you are feeling. Don't let him walk away from you, cry, scream, hell throw a tantrum if you need to. Ask him how he would like to have his insides cut through and then go and mow the lawn. Remind him some day the shoe might be on the other foot and that we have really good memories when it comes to things like this. Take care hon. You have lots of sisters here for you and you are lucky to have your mom too, what a special gift that is.
Unread 05-25-2006, 12:48 PM
home from castle

Look2Heaven...I really feel for you. One of my biggest fears was that I would swallow something down the wrong way and end up coughing. I seemed to do it a lot pre-op and just dreaded it would happen to me. It didn't, but I did have some coughing on Day 2 after that tube had been down my throat during surgery. It hurt so much.

Just focus on keeping yourself positive during your recovery, even if others around you are not encouraging it. Just blank any negativity out....and do what you need to do to make sure you heal properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2006, 12:54 PM
home from castle

i just wanted to say welcome home!!!!please try to take it easy,and rest,and drink alot of fluids.i know hubbys and boyfriends can be so insensitive,but,i think that they dont fully grasp the whole concept of the surgery we had done...they are use to seeing us just bounce right back,continue working while sick and such,and i bet hes thinking the same in this situation..maybe you could direct him to the misterhyster part on here..maybe that will open his eyes...im sorry your having to deal with this,please try to hang in there....lots of hugs...sonie
Unread 05-25-2006, 01:47 PM
home from castle

I'm sorry you are feeling alone right now. Would your hubby be receptive to sitting down while you explain what you need from him? Sometimes our guys are insensitive, not because they don't care, but because they feel helpless to take away your pain and can't fix you. And sometimes they are just insensitive. I don't know which it is for your DH. Try to explain to him, and tell him you need him, and his support and that you appreciate his willingness to give you his help and support...

Good luck. Hugs. T
Unread 05-25-2006, 03:07 PM
home from castle

Poor thing! I can only imagine how you must have felt. I am sorry.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register