9 Days to go...omg!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9 Days to go...omg!!! 9 Days to go...omg!!!

Unread 06-12-2005, 01:09 PM
9 Days to go...omg!!!

I'm also the 20th and there is alot I want to get done before I go to the castle but it's all in my head and I just don't have the energy to actually get up and get it done. I almost feel like I'm a little state of depression.
I'm anxious to have the surgery and get it over with but I just feel like I have to much to do and not enough time nor energy to do it.
I too am expecting a visit from Aunt Flo before surgery and am very nervous about that. Scared of the pain and the flo with no meds to help either per Dr's orders.
My Dh keeps telling me I'm not myself and I know I'm not and I feel like I don't have control of it.

Good Luck to those ladies going in tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2005, 11:10 PM
9 Days to go...omg!!!

Hello ladies in waiting.

I am 7.5 weeks out, and feeling wonderful! Try to let your anxieties go,(I know easier said than done) focus on the positives. I now laugh each time I find pads tucked in yet another coat, or bag. As far as worrying about how your house will look dont. When my friends came over to visit they asked what they could do to help me, so I would get one to vacuume, on to clean my toilet, one to wash the kitchen floor. All my friends were great support.
My post op pain was very little, I was surprized as to how tired I was post surgery. (but it is normal)
Just think, in 10 days it will all be over and you will be heading well down the pathway to health and happiness. (white jeans here I come!) If you really want to focus some energy in the next week, make double the supper each night and freeze it so you do not have to worry about supper for the first week home.
Good luck and a speedy recovery for you all!
Unread 06-12-2005, 11:35 PM
9 Days to go...omg!!!

I too am on the 20th.....and can relate to all.....it is coming so quickly but yet not quick enough....I did get my shopping done, my list is the same as Irish Kathleen's except I haven't gotten the gas x yet and surprisingly I feel much more calm, I also purchased a journal and I think that may be helping as well.....the house is this weeks chore...my days off Tues & Thurs...of course I also think that it is a good idea to do something with the kids...because the next few weeks I don't think that I will be up to it...not so fun for the summer break...Deb it was a great idea to get the family vacation to Disney in before hand. So sorry the weather didn't cooperate. I live in NC here and the weather has been quite unusual as well, more like FL weather....rain down pour daily....

To all the sisters visiting the castle this week, my er's for speedy and uneventful recoveries.....

To my sisters awaiting the 20th....it will be here before we know it then we can enjoy being es
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2005, 07:44 AM
9 Days to go...omg!!!

Wow Ladies,

I just counted all of the responses to this post and I'm number 14!

All of us are scheduled for surgery on 6/20. It's amazing how many of us are going through this on the same day.

I'm sorry to hear about troubles on the homefront. I've been more grumpy then usual and I think that's having an effect on my husband and 2 kids too. It's tough not having control over these circumstances. We know the surgery is necessary and will make us all feel better. Yet, it's hard to always be upbeat and supportive when we don't really want to have to go through this.

This support group is a wonderful gift. I can honestly say I will find comfort on 6/20 thinking of at least 13 other hyster sisters going through similar operations.

We can do this!!!
Unread 06-13-2005, 07:53 AM
9 Days to go...omg!!!

Hello Dessert....

Just thought you would like to know that there are actually 30 surgeries on the 20th....If you look at the top bar there is a calendar and you can see who is having a birthday and who is having surgery by days.....

It is a great way to see just how many of us are on the same timeline.....

's
Unread 06-13-2005, 08:17 AM
9 Days to go...omg!!!

I just want to tell all of you wonderful ladies that I promise you this is the worst part of your whole ordeal. I had a TAH on May 25th and I was just a mess the week before. The day before I cried about 20 times. Now i am doing great with 4 wks off of work and I have never been happier. It is amazing what time off from life can do for you. Just try and remember each day before your surgery that you are going through the hardest part right now. I know that is hard to understand, but try if you can, b/c it is totally true. Once it is all over you will be on this site telling other women the exact same thing. Good Luck to you all and stay positive!!!!!

37, w/ TAH vertical incision (41/2") for 3 fibroids, 2 very large (16cm and 11cm). The entire OR staff was in shock. Kept ovaries
Unread 06-13-2005, 10:03 AM
9 Days to go...omg!!!

One tip I read before my operation which proved very useful in the hospital:

bring a fanny pack. You can attach it to the side of your hospital bed, it doesn't get in the way and lets you have all your small items close by. You don't have to reach, or even turn over, to get at it.

I kept my lip balm, hand cream, tea bags, ear plugs (a must for the hospital also!) and other small items in it and it was the best thing I did.

Try not to worry too much. I know it is hard but most of the things you are worried about will not happen! I came home from the hospital with a catheter for a couple of days and even that had a bright side. It meant I didn't have to get up to go to the bathroom and that was a bonus.

The worst part for me was the gas - and as the nurse said "this too shall pass". ;-)

Best wishes to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register