Diarreah bright green and fever...please help.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Diarreah bright green and fever...please help.. Diarreah bright green and fever...please help..

Unread 11-28-2009, 08:43 AM
Diarreah bright green and fever...please help..

Since 4am Friday I have had a fever of 102 and now it is 101. I can tell I am dehydrated but I don't want to go to the hospital. The florescent color diarreah has scared me this morning and I din't quite make it to the bathroom. This is embarrassing but has anyone else been sick with diarreah after surgery. The fever has gone down but I don't know what to do.

I have not puked and feel like I have an appetite even though I haven't had anything to eat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2009, 09:15 AM
Re: Diarreah bright green and fever...please help..

I was told if I had a temp, of 101 or higher during the first couple of weeks that the doctor needed to be notified. It sounds like with the diarrhea, and temp you should give the doctor a call, and run it by them. Better to be safe than sorry, you have to take care of yourself.
Unread 11-28-2009, 09:19 AM

Seymour...you could be developing an infection. The fever and diarrehea are tell tale signs. PLEASE go in and have it checked to make sure you are ok. And drink plenty of water so you don't dehydrate. We all hate hospital or ER visits (never met anyone who likes going to a hospital, chuckle) but you need to be your own advocate regardless.
Hope you feel better soon.

Six months post-op TAH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2009, 09:20 AM

So sorry that you are going through this. I agree with the previous post. Please call the doc right away!
Hugs and healing thoughts.
Unread 11-28-2009, 09:20 AM

I was told if i ran a fever of 100.9 or higher i either go to the er or call surgeon immediately the diarrhea i just let it runs its course to clean me out but you must drink fluids not to dehydrate...you really need to talk to your doctor asap, good luck, hope you feel better!!!
Unread 11-28-2009, 09:29 AM

I totally agree with everyone. Seymour, please call your doctor. You may have an infection and need medicine to help you. Don't put it off, your health is too important. And believe me, I do not like going to the er but I had to do in on Thanksgiving and am glad I did. They were able to treat me before it got worse. So please call your doctor for advice today. Wishing you well and sending you hugs and my prayers
Unread 11-28-2009, 09:44 AM

I agree, I would at min put a call in to the doc. Was there any blood in your diahrea? Even if you didn't have the diahrea, I would still call your doc or ER w/ the fever, especially this soon after your surgery. Better to get it taken care of instead of waiting and reeking havoc on your body. I sure hope you feel better soon, and get things taken care of. Best wishes
Unread 11-28-2009, 09:46 AM

((seymour))

I'm so sorry you're experiencing this.

I totally agree with all your ((sisters)). You must seek medical attention as soon as possible since green diarrhea and a fever is not normal ~ and may continue to worsen.

Will you let us know what you find out? Please take good care of yourself!

Unread 11-28-2009, 10:54 AM

How are you feeling now?
Did you see the Dr?
And how did you get your pic up there?

Hope you are feeling better.
Jo
Unread 11-28-2009, 11:36 AM

seymour,

I don't know what the diarrhea would indicate, but I do know that my post-op instructions said to call the doctor if I developed a fever that exceeded 101. (The hospital nurse then struck that out on the page and substituted 100.4.)

While everyone is different, I think there is (close to?) universal agreement that if you develop a fever above a certain level, it warrants a call to your doctor. Doing so should get you the assistance you may need and/or peace of mind.

Please don't worry for one sec about "bothering" anyone during a holiday weekend. You're only ten days out from your surgery, plus you had that lunatic date with the vacuum. <just teasin' you a bit>

Call your doc. He and/or someone on his staff...or, yes, possibly the nice folks at ER, will take good care of you. :-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register