Panick attack and ended up in the ER | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Panick attack and ended up in the ER Panick attack and ended up in the ER

Unread 05-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Panick attack and ended up in the ER

tommorow is my surgery and I got so freaked out i ended up in the er. They gave me a big shot of ativan and sent me home. I( hope it works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Re: I had a panick attack and ended up in the er

I am sure you will feel much better soon! My surgery is also tomarrow, and I completely understand! (my name is also crystal) Luckily I had some zanax left after my plane trip! I will be thinking of you tomarrow while I am in the hospital (my surgery time is 12:30, so I will be there about 11:30) so no coffe for me in the morning ...Let me know how you are when you get home!
Unread 05-11-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn View Post
I am sure you will feel much better soon! My surgery is also tomarrow, and I completely understand! (my name is also crystal) Luckily I had some zanax left after my plane trip! I will be thinking of you tomarrow while I am in the hospital (my surgery time is 12:30, so I will be there about 11:30) so no coffe for me in the morning ...Let me know how you are when you get home!
Thanks for you kind words. You will be in my prayers. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2009, 06:05 PM

My surgery is next week and I was feeling very anxious. I am doing much better. We all have to go into the hospital with a positive mindset that everything will be fine. I found a helpful tool through this web site- a CD that I ordered entitled:

Health Journeys: A Meditation to Promote Successful Surgery"
Belleruth Naparstek; Audio CD
. I ordered mine through amazon.com, but I found out you can also download immediately only in mp3 version.

Also, if you google the name Belleruth Naparstek you will find the healthjourneys web site. On there, you can download a free 15 minute guided imagery mp3 entitled Peaceful Perspective and I think you will enjoy it! It is very relaxing.

Your surgery will go well. I can't wait to hear more about it. Maybe I will get an update from you before I go in for mine on the 19th.
Unread 05-11-2009, 06:21 PM

Hi,

Sending you all some positive energy and peaceful thoughts! You will be just fine! Can't wait to hear about it. My surgery is scheduled for May19th.
Unread 05-11-2009, 08:03 PM

Crystal I am so sorry to hear about your attack. Anxiety attacks are the worst I know I have had many. I am sending you a big and hope that all goes well tomorrow!!!

All my best!!!!!

Lisa
Unread 05-12-2009, 01:25 AM

i am hanging on to some zoplicone they gave me in ER when I went there for pain, and i may take that the night before my surgery! yikes!

hang in there girls!
Unread 05-12-2009, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosazure View Post
tommorow is my surgery and I got so freaked out i ended up in the er. They gave me a big shot of ativan and sent me home. I( hope it works.
Chrystal,
I am praying for you right now. That you have a peaceful morning and a good recovery.
Colleen
Unread 05-12-2009, 06:47 AM

Hey Girls

I just wanted to say All the Best to you'se. I am scheduled for tomorrow as well. I have to be in the hospital for 6 a.m. My surgery is at 8.
I am pretty antsy about it. I just started my bowel prep. I am not looking forward to what's ahead. But I am praying everything will be fine.
Take Care and I will be thinking of everyone.
Unread 05-12-2009, 07:16 AM

I'm sorry your feeling that way. I am really anxious too right now. I take ativan already, and I'm finding myself having to take it more frequently right now. I can't wait for this to be all over with. The stress and anxiety are enough already.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register