Awesome pre-op yesterday -D-Day almost here! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Awesome pre-op yesterday -D-Day almost here! Awesome pre-op yesterday -D-Day almost here!

Unread 08-20-2006, 12:00 AM
Awesome pre-op yesterday -D-Day almost here!

I am so blessed. I truly believe that.

I was so anxious about my pre-op yesterday for a TAH that I was worried I would hate the new doc I got transferred to and end up with my surgery cancelled AGAIN.

Nope. He is amazing. He is kind, considerate, thoughtful and assistive. A good example (and a litmus test for any ob/gyn as far as I am concerned - or any other doctor) is when you sit up on the table after they have you lay back to examine you. Do they offer a hand or watch you struggle like a turtle on its back? And of course, me being top heavy - its a darn big turtle! LOL... Not so with this doc -offered a hand as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

God was good to me with this man. I had some trepidations about my other doc but then she went on vacation and I got tranferred - Thank you Lord! He spent almost 40 minutes answering my questions and never once looked at his watch.

I want to have his babies! That's right - not an option. But darned good health care and a great bedside manner. All my insecurities are gone.... except for a tad few little things he dropped on me (not his fault, granted).

It seems my incision might be lateral down the midline instead of bikini as planned. It depends on what they find when they examine me under anesthesia. I asked what I would look like after a lateral incision and my worst fears were realized -- that weird "gutter" through the front of my very heavy front --ick! There is also some possibility of me not being able to have the cervix removed - which will devastate me.

If my ovaries have to go - he explained what would happen to me (Patch in the hospital, after I heal, we can discuss and titrate accordingly) and we discussed over two pages of questions. And he mentioned the dreaded word "CLIPPERS" Why the heck do they use clippers for an abdominal hyst??

I am comfortable with him, I have had surgery at the facility so that is a no brainer and I got the best news -- NO BOWEL PREP! Wahoo! I knew I liked him!

D-Day is almost here and I am spending some serious family alert time and pampering my kids.....

And marveling over how fast time flies...

Peace to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2006, 09:06 AM

Cris,

That is wonderful news! He sounds not only competant but compassionate...a wonderful blend in a doctor for sure!
Unread 08-20-2006, 12:47 PM

Cris,

I have been reminded very often in the past several weeks that believing in positive results appears to bring about positive results. When I was finally ready for surgery I was "directed" to a wonderful, caring doctor. I had surgery in one of the best hospitals in town and I believe my hospital care was superb, at least in part, because my doctor is so well respected there. And the support of my family and friends has been overwhelming.

Wishing you all the best!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2006, 12:52 PM

Can I ask why it might not be possible for you to have your cervix removed? I'm supposed to be having mine out, and hadn't realized that there could be a reason it wouldn't be done (except for my choice to keep it of course).
Thanks.
Unread 08-20-2006, 11:15 PM

HI Intune-
You can ask - I am very open :-)

I am a plus sized woman and apparently body composition (ie too much fat) can block access to the cervix. So can bowel and other organs.

Does that help explain it?

Good luck with your surgery!

Everyone else -thanks for the positive posts! With about 48 hrs to go, I am getting ready to be done here and move on...... All the positive support is great!

Unread 08-21-2006, 10:51 AM

Thanks for your reply CAN! Best of luck to you tomorrow for an uneventful surgery and complete & smooth recovery!!
Unread 08-21-2006, 04:39 PM

Good luck with your surgery,and have a smooth recovery.Take care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register