Its about time ! Got the go ahead | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Its about time ! Got the go ahead Its about time ! Got the go ahead

Unread 02-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Its about time ! Got the go ahead

I got the all clear from Dr. today. Just wanted to do this post to tell you all thanks for all the support you have given me through this bumpy road to say the least. I go back to work on Tues and will be carful due to lifting and the transfers of my patients. I do have tho one question for you. My doc changed my hrt estrace oral to a patch have you had a change like that? And if so, did it do a better job on the hot flashes/night sweats. Dr. started me on .5 than 1 mg oral and the 1mg was doing better but still can't sleep 1-2 hours and up I am due to the hot flashes/ night sweats so ,he said to try the patch. I just need to remember to change it twice a week. Well, Just wanted really to say that you all are so great for putting up with all my posts and I thank you so very much. I'm on a good path now after almost 8 long weeks. I still have pain inside me but, no more abscess up there so its just healing pain. Thanks again to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2007, 07:51 PM

I'm glad the abscess is gone and you have the all clear!
Be careful at work and keep us posted on your progress!
Unread 02-09-2007, 07:53 PM

Congrats! I can't answer the hormone question, but take it easy going back to work. I noticed you mentioned patients? Are you in the medical field? I am also and just went back to work. After the first two days in a row, I had spotting (never had any bleeding postop) and am extremely exhausted. Please don't overdo it! We are still recovering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2007, 05:24 PM

Congrats.............remember to still take it easy at work !
Unread 02-10-2007, 06:22 PM

Thanks all. I will be careful for sure. Lauri did you get my message?
Unread 02-12-2007, 01:43 PM

Fellow health care providers! I would love to compare notes on what going back to work is like, and coping with the 12 hr shifts! I don't know if this is allowed on this forum or how I go about it. Back to work Mar 2nd for me!
Unread 02-13-2007, 07:25 AM

Outstanding! I'm so glad this new doctor has given you better care and that you're well enough to resume work and other activities.

I wish you well today and the rest of this week. Remember to do extra pampering after work!
Unread 02-13-2007, 08:31 AM

Hi ellin
I'm happy for you that you're finally feeling better and have the all clear from your dr. Take it easy as you work back into your routine. You still need to listen to your body and stop when you get the message you have had enough for one day.

I switched to the patch and really like it. I think the transdermal method of delivery is more consistent. I find I feel better, unless I forget to change it. It's easy to forget it's even there, but I like that too. I have also found wearing it on my back side as opposed to on my tummy I get better absorption.

I have read(in the jungle) that the apsorption on the backside is about 20% better than on the abdomen. You want to be sure to put the patch where it won't be rubbed excessively by your clothing and won't be subject to a lot of motion. Putting it where your pants pocket would be is a good place. When you change it you want to go side to side and never back to front so you can keep your levels even. Any days when you have the patch in front will be lower estrogen days.

I hope you have good success with the patch and find yourself feeling better and sleeping better soon.
's, Rita

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register