Intimacy after hysterectomy - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Intimacy after hysterectomy Intimacy after hysterectomy

Unread 07-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Intimacy after hysterectomy

It's kinda like waiting for your "first time" all over again, I can't wait.....kinda like a virgin(?)....Hmmmmm.

Anyway, hubby and I were talking about doing an overnight at a nice hotel, and really do it up.

Something to look forward to. : )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeala
It's kinda like waiting for your "first time" all over again, I can't wait.....kinda like a virgin(?)....Hmmmmm.

Anyway, hubby and I were talking about doing an overnight at a nice hotel, and really do it up.

Something to look forward to. : )
Oh I love that idea of going to a hotel to really make it special. I think I'll copy that. DH's birthday is right around the time I'll be cleared for take-off so I can plan something around that!

Thanks for the idea! Good to see there are other ***** sisters out there!
Unread 07-02-2008, 11:47 AM

I have been given the ok to have sex a week ago. We have done it a couple of times now since. The first time was scary, but went fine. I have to say for me it is so much better, and able to have the big O faster. I have to say our sex life has been better than before the surgery. Before the surgery sex was painful. Now its so enjoyable. I happy at the results, and happy I had it done. Each time it gets better and better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakisai
One thing I forgot to mention,...... you might want to stay away from those deep penetration or acrobatic positions for a while..... I think those might be the reason many people end up bleeding and sore.

Take it easy... and best of luck when you are cleared.
I've read that the first couple of times you should do positions that let you control the penetration like you on top. That works for me!!!!!!!!!
Unread 07-02-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa2008
I have been given the ok to have sex a week ago. We have done it a couple of times now since. The first time was scary, but went fine. I have to say for me it is so much better, and able to have the big O faster. I have to say our sex life has been better than before the surgery. Before the surgery sex was painful. Now its so enjoyable. I happy at the results, and happy I had it done. Each time it gets better and better.
Thanks for the info I also had painful sex prior to surgery and it made me not want to or very tense, so I'm looking forward to no pain!!!
Unread 07-02-2008, 12:11 PM

If you and your partner had great sex before your surgery, I bet it will be better now. I have 2 1/2 weeks to go myself, and while it's a little scary right now, my husband and I have been together for 29 years and it's been great, so I'm thinking it's going to be BETTER now! I predict the same for you, remember the mind is your best sex organ.
Unread 07-02-2008, 04:43 PM

My sex life is just as great as before the TAH.

We do not need any lubrication and i still acheive the Big "O". The other night I actually had multiple orgasms

The main thing is to just relax and enjoy it. Try not to concentrate on whether it feels different or if you will have an orgasm and just enjoy it. Once I did this, it was just as great as before the TAH.

The best thing is now there no time when I am out of commision
Unread 07-05-2008, 10:42 AM

What about intimacy before the six weeks is up that does not involve penetration of any kind? Is this safe?
Unread 07-05-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvupiccolo
What about intimacy before the six weeks is up that does not involve penetration of any kind? Is this safe?
My husband and I have been doing this and it has been amazing! Kind of frustrating for me at times because I want him inside me, but we both are able to climax and there is definitely no need for lubrication in the near future, that's for sure!!!

I still have two weeks to go before we can go all the way again
Unread 07-05-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
This is a question you really must ask your doctor. While some doctors will give the okay for sex without penetration, not all do. Please call your doctor to ask what is and isn't allowed for you rather than rely on what other members' doctors have said or what members have done, with or without clearance.

Here are some important links about the topic to read:

Sex - Do I Really Have to Wait Six Weeks?

Sex - Post-Op Libido and Sexual Activities

Post-Op Sex Checkpoint

Best wishes for an uncomplicated recovery!

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register