intercourse question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

intercourse question intercourse question

Unread 12-18-2005, 01:12 PM
intercourse question

Sorry to be so graphic ladies but I'm almost at five weeks and looking very much forward to "sharing" with the hubby but I'm just dying to know... will he fit all the way? With out the uterus and cervix things have to be a tad shorter in there. Anyone ask their Dr. and what did they have to say?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2005, 01:37 PM
intercourse question

I didn't ask my doctor, but I don't feel my vagina is any shorter. With me though, my uterus was so heavy it felt like it was dragging down and taking up some of the space inside so, if anything, there is probably more room now. This may not be the same for everyone though.
Unread 12-18-2005, 01:41 PM
intercourse question

The loss of the uterus and cervix should not make much of a difference in the length of your vagina.

The average vagina is between 3.5 and 4 inches long, and it is extremely elastic. During sexual arousal, the inner two-thirds of the vagina expand and can accomodate almost any size of penis. Having your cervix gone makes almost no difference as far as the length is concerned.

I don't have mine, and neither my husband nor I can tell.

Hope this information helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2005, 01:50 PM
intercourse question

I did ask my doctor and he said I would be the same size and length. He was right and I've had no problems with intercourse. Sex is more comfortable now with my prolapsed uterus out of the way!
Unread 12-18-2005, 05:00 PM
intercourse question

I had sex this morning for the first time since my surg and you really won't worry about all that your first time anyway. I heard that it doesn't make a difference whether you still have all that or not. I think we are all lucky to get to have sex now without all our problems! Good Luck and I think you will find that you enjoy it alot more!
Unread 12-18-2005, 10:26 PM
intercourse question

My doctor explained that the first time or two penetration should be about half as far as "normal" - sort of ease into things. After that go back to normal.
Unread 12-19-2005, 08:56 AM
intercourse question

Thanks to all! I feel much better now. Maybe since my uterus was 3 times the size of normal it felt like there was no room before the surgery. Hopefully in about a week or two I'll find out for myself.
Unread 12-19-2005, 09:44 AM
intercourse question

That is one question my DH asked my doctor and she said that it would be the same or a little longer since the cervix dips down into the vagina little bit....I still have a few weeks to go until we can try it out!
Unread 12-19-2005, 09:54 AM
intercourse question

I can feel the end of my vagina where the vaginal cuff is during intercourse. It probably wouldn't be an issue, but I'm very nervous about "popping through" the end of it and am somewhat "defensive" of the end of my "tube sock". Maybe it takes a while. My GYN said it would be about 1-2 mm shorter and shouldn't make a difference at all. Maybe I'm just too nervous still!
Unread 12-19-2005, 10:35 AM
intercourse question

I am just shy of 2 weeks post-op and have been wondering how it would be and was kinda nervous about how it would be. But, I had been bleeding so much prior(sorry so graphic ladies) that there wasn't much sex before surgery anyhow.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register