Feeling a little depressed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling a little depressed Feeling a little depressed

Unread 04-02-2008, 07:09 PM
feeling alittle depressed!!

hi,

my name is Brenda and I had my TVH on March 3rd.2008.
I am feeling very very depressed today??? whats up with that?? I am 46 years old
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2008, 07:21 PM
Feeling a little depressed

Brenda. Don't really know what's up with the depression. Did you have your ovaries removed?
Unread 04-03-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanluvr5
Brenda. Don't really know what's up with the depression. Did you have your ovaries removed?

birdlover: Thank you for your words comfort. I do not work. I'm out on permanent disability due to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I do try to stay in touch with friends and family as much as possible though. Good luck with the doctor tomorrow. s
Hi Karen...thank you for the welcome! I just love this site. I had my TVH on March 3, 2008 and so I am in the end of my fifth week and yesterday OMG I had such a horrible day and YES I do still have both of my ovaries!! I was depressed, didnt like my body nothing...it was just a terrible day..my worst yet! However on the up side...hubby and I are leaving for the Mayan Riviera on Tuesday April 8...doc check-up April 7th...I am keeping every part of my body crossed hoping she says to "Go for it" ....We cant even kiss anymore as it drives us both crazy!!LOL I am 46 years old and have been very happily married to a wonderful husband for 23 years!! PS: He said i would recooperate in Mexico much better then home! I could not agree with him more. I do not get my SURGEON check-up til the end of April!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejayh
Yesterday OMG I had such a horrible day and YES I do still have both of my ovaries!! I was depressed, didnt like my body nothing...it was just a terrible day..my worst yet! However on the up side...hubby and I are leaving for the Mayan Riviera on Tuesday April 8...doc check-up April 7th...I am keeping every part of my body crossed hoping she says to "Go for it" ....We cant even kiss anymore as it drives us both crazy!!LOL I am 46 years old and have been very happily married to a wonderful husband for 23 years!!
Hi Brenda:

I am so sorry you've been having such a rough time. I did really well for the first 4-weeks post-op and then BAM, depression city. Each day is getting a little better though, so hopefully yours will improve soon.

I trust you will have a wonderful time in Mexico. I can't imagine your doctor telling you that you can't go. Several other sisters on this thread have done some travelling several weeks post-op, and have said it's made a tremendous difference in their overall well being. :

I had a TVH on 2/29/08 and also kept my ovaries. They are tricky little suckers, doing what they please, when they please. I've already experienced my first cycle of PMS (without the bleeding). However, I believe we are much better off than some women who had their ovaries removed. Many are dealing with horrible menopause symptoms, and some are unable to do HRT.

So, onward and upward from here. It's nice to hear that you've been happily married for 23 years. I'm on my second marriage, and have been happily married for 2 years.

You in there. Things will get better.

s,
Unread 04-03-2008, 12:15 PM

thank you soooooo much for your words of encouragement! I will have a margarita or two for you!!!! I had open heart five years ago and my hubby did the same thing for me - took me to Mexic0!! i love it there! You are right it does do alot for you and i only wish that I could take all of you hystersisters with me! Maybe next time!! LOL
Unread 04-04-2008, 09:40 AM

beejayh

I'm so sorry you're experiencing this at the moment, but you're certainly not alone and I hope some more of your ((sisters)) will be along soon to share.

In the meantime, it may help you to read these HS articles <links> Depression after Hysterectomy and Emotions after Hysterectomy.

If you find things don't improve, please don't hesitate to have a word with your doctor.

Sending all good wishes and positive thoughts your way!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register