Scheduled LAVH Nerves " HELP" | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nerves " HELP" Nerves " HELP"

Unread 04-28-2011, 06:53 AM
Nerves " HELP"

I am starting to get nervous. May 5th is approaching to fast, yet not fast enough. I fell like I am getting cranky. Everything is getting on my nerves and as the saying goes," No one understands what I am feeling."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2011, 07:36 AM
Re: Nerves " HELP"

My dear you have come to the right place. If I went to pre-op on May 3rd and my Doctor said "Hey you want to do this tomorrow instead" I would totally say "Hell Yeah"
Unfortunately I have to wait for May 12th. When nobody else seems to get it, remember that we do and try to take a moment for yourself.

All Hugs and Prayers to you.
Unread 04-28-2011, 07:48 AM

Fear of the unknown is the worst. Be kind to yourself and just try to ride the swells of nerves preop. I found that the preop was the worst and I had a very smooth post op. Hang in there -- it will soon be in your rear view mirror.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2011, 07:52 AM

Hang in there hon!!

I have my surgery on May 4th and its seems like this week its all I can think about. My husband doesn't understand, my kids are too busy (all in their 20s)and I don't want to worry my aging mother. My friends think I am "crazy" for getting a date so close to my daughters graduation (May 14th) and now I am wondering the same. (don't they realize I had to take the date they gave me???)

At the end of each day, however, I just want it over and done with. This has been a longtime coming for me. And with a growing uterus (4 mos size and now 5 lg. fibriods) and now cysts, I just can't stand the syms anymore. Worrying doesn't help my husband keeps telling me. But how can you not?? I have been staying busy, getting meals prepared ahead and of course cleaning, cleaning, cleaning!!

I also suffer with aniexty disorder (GAD) and that doesn't help and of course I got my period this week !!! But each day I remember that this is the best decison I could make.

Good Luck and stay busy - it helps!!
Rubydee

see you on the other side
Unread 04-28-2011, 07:56 AM

I'm having my surgery on May 5th as well, and I'm right there with you. It's all I think about. Hard for me to focus at work. I keep looking at the calendar counting the days, and trying to keep busy with lists and stuff to do to make the days go fast. I think they will from here. We'll soon have this behind us.
Unread 04-28-2011, 07:59 AM

Thanks! Right now I am just curled up with my I-pod. Maybe a nap will take away the aniexity for now!
Unread 04-28-2011, 08:01 AM

Dear tazmoo,

Sorry to hear about the nerves! I had them as well the weekend before my surgery. I was mostly successful in calming mine by focussing on doing things for ME. I bought comfy undies and pj bottoms several sizes larger to accommodate a swelly belly for the first few weeks, stockpiled some homemade soup in the freezer, placed my recovery clothes on shelves at waist height so I wouldn't need to bend, updated my Netflix streaming queue, splurged on a pile of magazines that I like to read but seldom buy, planted pansies in my window boxes which are still making me smile 2 weeks post-op. You get the picture--just focussed on things to make myself happy after the surgery. It helped take my mind of just being anxious and impatient.

Take care!
Unread 04-28-2011, 08:02 AM

I certainly remember that feeling right before my surgery. I even left my job a day earlier than I had planned because I just couldn't focus and wanted to scream at everyone for not understanding what I was feeling. The weird part was the day of surgery I was so calm.

My recovery was easy and I feel great now. It's one year now of being pain free and loving my new life.

Wishing all of you a speedy recovery.

Unread 04-28-2011, 08:09 AM

It is so Kool to have others understand what I am feeling. Thanks so much! I an not a hospital person and never get sick. I just went for a routine check-up befor vacation. Now I fell more pain and I need surgery and I think my hormones are going crazy. I thought 42 was still young ang healthy.
Unread 04-28-2011, 08:35 AM

I am right with you darling. However mine is the 12th. I seem to have good days and bad days today i'm feeling a bit shakey (nerves) and night time is the worst part of the day. I too keep looking at the calander and counting the days. I have everything I need pretty much now it's just the waiting game. I have a few friends that have had this done and although they have been supportive they just keep saying "you will be fine". I know I will be fine lol but it still does not calm the nerves. My husband has been great but I think i'm driving him nuts to. Use this time to get yourself prepared for your recovery if you haven't already done so. Do something specail for yourself I will be getting a pedi-cure as it was not required that I remove polish. Good luck to you I hope the next few days go quickly for you and you will be on the road to recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register