15 days post op da vinci assisted hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

15 days post op da vinci assisted hysterectomy 15 days post op da vinci assisted hysterectomy

Unread 06-23-2011, 06:02 PM
15 days post op da vinci assisted hysterectomy

Hello Everyone:

I am now 15 days post op. My cervix and uterus was removed. Ovaries are intact. I have nothing but good things to say about the da vinci process. I was very, very sore for the first 3 days following the procedure but the pain has decreased each day. I am still tired throughout the day and MUST take a nap. Today, I went to Walmart for the first time since my procedure. After about 20 minutes, my body reminded me that I had a major surgery. I had dizzy spells and hot flashes at the same time. Needless to say, my trip was cut short and I had to come home and take a nap. I just encourage everyone take it slow. Just because you are feeling better on the outside, your inside still must heal. Can I get some feedback on the length of time needed before returning to work? I am an accountant and sit at my desk most of the day so what do you think about a 4 week post op return to work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2011, 10:47 AM
Re: 15 days post op da vinci assisted hysterectomy

I just happened to read your post as I was looking for something else. I had the Da vinci procedure, I am at week 6 recovery. The doctor started with da vinci and had problems with my uterus and cervic after an hour he stopped and then had to open me up to finish. I spent 2 days in hospital and could hardly move the first two days. Where he did the da vinci that was sore for a about a week while the holes healed. Now the other scar that sucked. It is six weeks and still have tenderness and tingling. If i would have just had DV I think I would be back to doing everything. Just take your time. Your job sounds like it would not be bad to go back to. Your not lifting alot of weight and you can get up and walk around if needed. I think if I would have just had DV I would be back to feeling alot better by now. Good Luck
Unread 06-24-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboniekeke View Post
Hello Everyone:

I am now 15 days post op. My cervix and uterus was removed. Ovaries are intact. I have nothing but good things to say about the da vinci process. I was very, very sore for the first 3 days following the procedure but the pain has decreased each day. I am still tired throughout the day and MUST take a nap. Today, I went to Walmart for the first time since my procedure. After about 20 minutes, my body reminded me that I had a major surgery. I had dizzy spells and hot flashes at the same time. Needless to say, my trip was cut short and I had to come home and take a nap. I just encourage everyone take it slow. Just because you are feeling better on the outside, your inside still must heal. Can I get some feedback on the length of time needed before returning to work? I am an accountant and sit at my desk most of the day so what do you think about a 4 week post op return to work?
hi. reading your post is encouraging to me. i had the dv procedure too but also had other work done (a and p repair, bladder sling, etc). i'm still sore and looking for light at the end of the tunnel. your post gives me hope.

fiddle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2011, 08:59 PM

EBONIEKEKE,
I had the divinci procedure along with some other things and I was back at work 2 weeks later. I am a preschool teacher for 3 year olds and all went well. Not to much sitting ( which can hurt just as much as being to active ) and not to much running around. My co-workers helped with things that my body was not ready for like lifting garbage, vacuuming and setting up mats but all in all I was fine. I just REALLY listened to my body and now at 7 weeks I feel wonderful ( besides eating everything in sight ). The most important advice that I got and followed to a tee was "YOU ONLY GET 1 CHANCE TO HEAL RIGHT!" and I feel that I am proof of that. Each week I was able to do something more and now I DO do it all ( except for HEAVY lifting )
You deserve to be a princess for however long it takes YOU to feel good again!!
WISHING YOU WELL, TINABOP
Unread 06-25-2011, 03:35 PM

Thnaks to all that replied and I will be praying that all recovery goes well.
Unread 06-26-2011, 12:20 PM

I had the daVinci, still have my ovaries too. I am almost at week 6 post op, and will be returning to work this Tuesday. My doctor gave me the okay to return to work after 4 weeks, but since my company pays up to 6 weeks, I took the full 6, with the doc's permission. Looking back, I don't think I would have been able to return to work at 4 weeks, since my job is a lot of driving around and carrying stuff to my clients.

a lot of girls with the dVH have returned quite quickly to work, but I don't regret waiting the full 6 weeks. I personally think my body needed as much rest as possible. BUT, it was easier to start walking around and going out (for short trips) within 4 weeks.

Listen to your body, that's the best measurement of when you are ready. You can always ask your doctor to extend your sick leave if you must.

Good luck!
Unread 06-26-2011, 12:32 PM

Hi GiGiLives:
Thnaks for your response. My doctor is leaving my return date to me. I feel like I am ready to get back to normal but I don't want to take it too fast. I would rather wait another couple of weeks to ensure I don't have a "set back".

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register