End of 3rd week Post Op not use to sleeping on my back | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

End of 3rd week Post Op not use to sleeping on my back End of 3rd week Post Op not use to sleeping on my back

Unread 07-28-2013, 03:38 AM
End of 3rd week Post Op not use to sleeping on my back

Sleeping on my back is difficult, I'm use to sleeping on my side, anybody having a hard time sleeping on their back?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2013, 04:52 AM
Re: End of 3rd week Post Op not use to sleeping on my back

Applegreen,
I am a side sleeper as well! I am about to hit 4 weeks post-op LAVH. I don't see what type of surgery you had, so not sure in your case, but when I was in the hospital I did ask the nurse if I could sleep on my side and she said that was fine. She brought me another pillow as she said it would be best to sleep with a pillow under my knee (or between the knees).
I would not have slept in the past 4 weeks if I had to be on my back, its just not comfortable for me and causes sleep paralysis. I personally would call my doc and ask if its ok to do so.

HUGS!

Amrayne
Unread 07-28-2013, 05:00 AM

I am just getting so I can sleep on my side a little with pillows an blankets around me. But like you I never sleep on my back. But I have too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2013, 05:21 AM

Oh Dejahthoris- that super sucks that you have to! I'll probably end up healing with my insides to the left
so its probably better for you anyway!

See you're from GA! Go Dawgs!! There is a GA Hystersisters forum for all us GA peaches!

HUGS

Amrayne
Unread 07-28-2013, 05:31 AM

Also a side sleeper. I have been back to sleeping on my side for the past 4 nights. (11 days post-op) The binder helped the first couple of nights. I no longer wear it during the day, so using it at night to side sleep was nice. Now I just use pillows. Takes adjusting, stuffing various sized pillows under bits and pieces, but it is working for me.

I hope you are able to find a way to get comfortable soon.
Unread 07-28-2013, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applegreen104 View Post
Sleeping on my back is difficult, I'm use to sleeping on my side, anybody having a hard time sleeping on their back?
I laughed when I saw this. I HATE sleeping on my back so much. I am a stomach sleeper. (sort of--I use a body pillow--guess you could say its half and half)

I knew I would have issues with sleep after this surgery. She had to do a lot of work on the left side. That ovary couldn't be saved. So once my "shift" of sleeping on the right side is over the rest of the night is interesting! LOL
Every night I wonder if I can stand to be on my left side yet to sleep. After about 60 seconds I get my answer and its "NO! not happening yet!"
Unread 07-28-2013, 08:10 AM

I can't sleep on my back at all. In fact, if I'm already asleep and roll over onto my back, I wake up. Usually I sleep on my side or stomach.

The first night after surgery, I was so doped up that I curled up on my side, went to sleep and never thought twice about it! When I tried the same thing the second night, my belly protested, but relented when I held a pillow against it. The hospital had given me two and the flatter one was better for my neck, so I held the big fluffy one against my belly like a small child with a large teddy bear.

At that point I could sleep on either side, but when changing from one side to the other I had to be careful to go side-back-side, *not* side-belly-side.

I couldn't sleep on my stomach until after I got my staples out at 13 days.
Unread 07-28-2013, 08:22 AM

Thanks for feedback I'll try the pillow method, I had a abdominal Hysterectomy, kept my ovaries.

HUGS!
Applegreen104
Unread 07-28-2013, 08:24 AM

I hear ya, thanks, I have lots of pillows in the bed, makes resting more comfortable
Unread 07-28-2013, 08:41 AM

11 days post-op! Wow that's really good! I tried sleeping on my side 2 wk post-op and it was really uncomfortable. Thanks! I think the pillows are going to work

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register