Swelled belly | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swelled belly Swelled belly

Unread 01-03-2014, 02:32 AM
Swelled belly

How long does the swollen belly last? Often I wake up & it's not too bad but by the end of the day I look & feel pregnant! It's uncomfortable & if I press up against the steering well or the counter, it's still very sore, or if I go over a bump in the car. Most of the pain comes from the left side, where a tumor was removed from my left overy - like bad period cramps when your egg is released. I only had LAVH & didn't think I would have to deal with all this. Feeling disheartened.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2014, 02:39 AM
Re: Swelled belly

Hi there and welcome to the other side. Try not to feel disheartened, you are still a very freshly-hatched post-op. My swelly belly lasted into the 4-5 month stage although each week i noticed i could do more and stay on my feet longer before the swelling kicked in. It is a way for our bodies to protect themselves from overdoing things. It will get better, onwards and upwards.
Unread 01-03-2014, 08:22 AM

You're only two weeks out on a recovery that takes 4-6 weeks just for basic healing. It's not unsual that you should still be experiencing some soreness, but that should gradually reduce over the next few weeks.

The swelly belly - if yours acts like mine - should gradually reduce over the next few *months*. Mine took about six months altogether. *However*, I don't mean that what I experienced during the first month was the same as what I experienced in later months. After the first month, all that the swelly belly meant was that I needed to wear looser pants in the evenings than during the rest of the day. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2014, 12:22 PM

I am 11 days post surgery and didn't realize the whole swelly belly thing. I just discovered that I could fold over my waist band on my sweat pants and that made them so much more comfortable as they are lower than my stitches and big belly. Other than that I have nothing to wear, I am rather petite and wear fitted clothes. What are you gals wearing?
Unread 01-10-2014, 05:19 PM

I had my doctors apt today. She told me she wanted me to start cold laser treatment for my swollen belly. I get my first treatment Monday @ 530. Has anybody had this treatment and if so, did u see any results?
Unread 01-10-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaJ689 View Post
I had my doctors apt today. She told me she wanted me to start cold laser treatment for my swollen belly. I get my first treatment Monday @ 530. Has anybody had this treatment and if so, did u see any results?
I've never heard of this treatment. Is it supposed to go over your whole belly or just scars? Let us know how it works.
Unread 01-10-2014, 06:08 PM
Swelled belly

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospringchick View Post
I've never heard of this treatment. Is it supposed to go over your whole belly or just scars? Let us know how it works.
Over the scar... Says its suppose to help it heal faster and the swelling to go down. I will post my process during treatments.
Unread 01-10-2014, 06:15 PM

How many treatments are required?
Unread 01-10-2014, 06:19 PM
Swelled belly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaJ689 View Post
I had my doctors apt today. She told me she wanted me to start cold laser treatment for my
swollen belly. I get my first
treatment Monday @ 530. Has
anybody had this treatment and if
so, did u see any results?
Well that is interesting! Please please please give us an update!
Unread 01-10-2014, 06:40 PM

I'm 11 weeks and I still have swollen belly it's still sore. It's worst at night.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register