I'm on a cleaning frenzy!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm on a cleaning frenzy!!!! I'm on a cleaning frenzy!!!!

Unread 04-15-2006, 12:03 PM
I'm on a cleaning frenzy!!!!

I have my TAH on Monday. I'm anxious and scared, but today I'm on a frenzy. I feel like I'm not going to get everything done before time to go to the hospital at 6am Monday morning. The bad thing is I really do not feel like doing all this that I'm doing or else I wouldnt be getting a hysterectomy!! lol..I have a football sized fibroid. Feeling pretty tired and hurting..but I just gotta get all my stuff done. I'm almost in a panic. Later this afternoon my dh and I are taking our twin girls to the movies and out to eat so hopefully that will be relaxing and fun. I know I'll still be going through all the things I need to be doing in my head. I just wanted to do something fun with my family before I'm down for the next 6-8 weeks. I guess everyone gets nervous and anxious. Does anyone have any last minute things to remind me to take to the hospital or to have on hand when I get home? I'm just so nervous I know I will forget something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2006, 12:27 PM

Take it easy, enjoy your day with your family. Whatever needs to be done can wait until you are better? Good Luck with your surgery.
Donna
Unread 04-15-2006, 12:38 PM

Hi Cinnamon! I was like you but got it all done (to satify my manic head) and did a lot of cooking too. Three important tips that I got from some other posts on here - 1) Clip your toenails before you go since you won't be able to for awhile 2) Backscratcher for scratching, and I found it quite handy for grabbing/pushing also (blankets, pillows, reaching things from the sidetable) 3) Take antibacterial wipes, have someone wipe the remote, bed handles, toilet handles (which you won't use right away) sink handles etc - I felt better knowing it was done. Also, an area I did not think of was the rim under your bedside table. I found I had to reach under there sometimes to pull it toward me. Anyway - take the above advice from boonbud and find time to relax a bit before going. I wish you an easy surgery, a relaxing hospital stay and speedy recovery! xoxoxoxo
M.
TAH 04/04/06 adeno in cervix, cervix and uterus removed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2006, 12:00 AM

Hi there.

I can say from experience that all of my pre-surgery cleaning, shopping and preparations were well worth it in the end!!! Hopefully that will encourage you. God bless.
Unread 04-16-2006, 02:52 AM

Sounds like me. I'm crazy trying to get everything done before my surgery. My house hasn't been this organized in years. I have a few weeks to go, so I think I can get everything done in time. I have to admit I'm tired and run down, too. I'm trying to plan a few outings for the family before my 6-8 weeks off. I'm also trying to plan something small and intimate for me and DHs 25th anniversery. That will happen less then 4 weeks after the surgery. DH and I desided to travel for our anniversery, but had to postpone until August because of the surgery. Of course we were disappointed, but DH and I agreed we wanted the surgery as soon as we could, so I could start feeling better.

The time seems to pass better when I'm busy. Hope it does for you, too.
Unread 04-16-2006, 06:47 AM

You're certainly not alone -- I did the same thing as well. I think you're smart to get away for some fun time, too, though, to relax and divert your nervous focus on surgery.

As far as what to bring with you, I think "less is more" -- I say this because I found so much of what I took with me ended up to be unnecessary.

A couple of things you might consider:
- your own pads (for post-surgery spotting/drainage) because the hospital's are usually too big and bulky.

- lip balm and lotion (the air tends to be dry)

- tummy pillow

- treats for the nursing staff

I agree wholeheartedly about doing some food prep for easier meals once you're home and may not be up to cooking.

As long as you're in a frenzy, focus on making your recuperation areas ready and comfy for the time you will be spending there.

Wishing you all the best as you approach your surgery time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register